Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota axle expierience anyone?

Options
  • 08-10-2010 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone out there good at mechanics ? I drive a 207 k mile 1992 km35 toyota Liteace. There is a loud whirring,humming noise coming from the back end of this van.It gets louder with speed and is there even when coasting. I reckon its the bearings where the wheel joins the axle.I pulled the brake drum off and took off the shoes and adjuster gear. I removed the 4 14 mm bolts that hold the backing plate to the axle via a kind of retaining bracket but could find no way of removing the axle.There is a half a mil of play but no leaks.I can find no help or manuals to down load on the net after hours of looking.It probably has a similar setup to a lot of r.w.d. jap machines.Any ideas anyone ?

Comments

Advertisement