Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving/Long Reins

Options
  • 07-10-2010 11:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know where the best place is to buy a pair of long reins/driving reins?

My youngster managed to almost chew through the set I have in about 10 seconds flat yesterday.

I would prefer a pair that are light in weight and relatively narrow so they aren't bulky in my hands.

It's been so long since I've had to buy a pair and I don't remember ever having seen a pair in Holmstead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

Would lunge reins not do the job? I have a nice soft pair I got in Berneys I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

You could try some sailing rope, they come in different thicknesses (sp?) You could loop it through the old clips and secure with electical tape/brown tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

I just used 2 lunge reins - found them soft and easy to handle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Convert
    I would go with Doc. My pair are now 12 years old
    With buying the sailing rope you can make them that little bit longer.
    You don't have to make your circles smaller when using 2 reins before the animal is balanced enough if they that bit longer.
    Sailing ropes dont hold water the same way as webbing so you dont get the heavey hand in our lovely winter weather.
    And very importantly they do not give a bad burn either.

Berney's used to make you web lines of any length you wanted in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chevalfou

Sailing ropes work well, but they need to be stiched (not taped) to the clips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement