Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Trades Club of Sligo.

Options
  • 07-10-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

The old place is open again, but is a bit different to before.

It was reopened as part of an Art project known as the Trades Club Revival by a guy called Seamus Nolan.

http://www.modelart.ie/seamusnolan.html

That's an old link. This is the Facebook one..

http://www.facebook.com/TheTradesClubSligo

At the moment there are a few small gigs going on, including poetry readings and pool, death metal djs and german skacore.

It's eclectic anyway.

AFAIK it is available for small Do's of up to 50 people, no fire escape out back yet so that's the maximum allowable.

No bar yet either, but it has been renovated inside, re-plastered and new stairs installed.

It's intended to be a space for all, an alternative to the rest, a space for art and music, meetings and chat.

So if you're passing by, stick the head in and have a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wayoutwhest

Walked past this the other day. Was wondering about this and presumed it was a long-closed establishment. I saw another on telling street which I presume wen a similar way...a club of a bygone era

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Yep. That's the Town & Country (T&C) Club. Been closed for years. As has the establishment beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 wayoutwhest

I went to the place next door when it was open. It was a forgettable experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barangutan

My heart sank when I realised the original post was from 2010. I thought it had reopened. I lived in the Trades Club when I was a teenager, back around 2002-2005 ?? Such craic, brilliant punk gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Senior

I spent a lot of time in the Trades Club in the 90s. I can't quite believe there was punk gigs there a decade later!

• Advertisement
Advertisement