Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Alert

Options
  • 07-10-2010 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else in UCC get that email about the dude being a flasher near the Mardyke??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

lol wat?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Will you post the actual email if u don't mind - didn't get it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

i didnt get the email, but i read an article about it in the echo last night.

There has been a man revealing himself somewhere on campus, cant remember where, is the general gist of it. There was also students reported to be pulling down there pants on Maradyke walk, "but this is thought to be of a less serious nature"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Sent on behalf of Professor Gavin Burnell

URGENT

It has just been reported that a man has been approaching students and exposing himself on the isolated stretch of waterway between the Cooperage and the Mardyke entrance to Distillery Fields.

Both UCC Security and Tony at the Security Gate have alerted the Gardai.

Please spread the word and exercise caution.

Gavin Burnell
    Acting, Head, ZEPS Department

Thats the email I got...Not sure if anyone else did but my whole class got it...kinda weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

There was a piece about it in the echo yesterday as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

you'd think they'd send this email to everyone in ucc, this is the first i have heard of it and none of my friends got the email either:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Yeah got that ha,really reassuring when i had labs in Copperage that day

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Both UCC Security and Tony at the Security Gate have alerted the Gardai.
    .......... who will do exactly nothing :rolleyes:

UCC Security? Are these guys like the FSB, or more like Dad's Army?

Gardai should hand out tasers to any girl who feels the urge to do a Dirty Harriet. Lord knows Gardai couldn't hit a barn door with a canon, if they were standing on it. A few thousand volts to the flasher's nads and he'll forget he has nads, never mind feel the urge to wave 'em about in the wind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohemgeez

i lol'd when i read this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

This stretch of walkway seems to be a constant source of danger. Wasn't it last year people were being attacked, mugged etc. and I am sure there was a flasher before too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I heard about it through the psychology society. A bit of my thesis is about flashers; if he flashed me, I'd probably just try to interview him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Faith wrote: »
    I heard about it through the psychology society. A bit of my thesis is about flashers; if he flashed me, I'd probably just try to interview him :D

lol Faith, yr a case! :) I'd love to get a look at yr thesis!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bubblesnots jr.

wasnt there nurses getting flashed near the mercy aswell

Advertisement