Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 cans of Heineken for €15

Options
  • 07-10-2010 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Tesco are selling 12 500ml cans of Heineken for €15. It's usually €21.99.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Saturday will be messy.

Cheers OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

sweet thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Heineken bottle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heineken can.

The difference is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kraggy wrote: »

Tis indeed but the 5% stuff is the real winner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

20 bottles are €22 in Tesco too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They were €18 on monday when I was in there

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭jc77

€18 in supervalu for the 20 bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Derwins Drumcondra 6 500ml for Eur9

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

banchang wrote: »
    Derwins Drumcondra 6 500ml for Eur9

Cheers will have to take a trip over.

Where exactly can you get 5% heineken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 chepejohn

its import and as far as i remember it aint brewed in holland , always gave me one hell of a hangover ....like 24 bottles of Miller stay well clear

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

chepejohn wrote: »
    its import and as far as i remember it aint brewed in holland , always gave me one hell of a hangover ....like 24 bottles of Miller stay well clear

The 4.3% Heineken is brewed in Cork, The 5% Heineken is brewed in the UK, somewhere near London if memory serves, and the 5% Heineken is better than the 4.3% cork stuff :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 33 chepejohn

yoyo wrote: »
    The 4.3% Heineken is brewed in Cork, The 5% Heineken is brewed in the UK, somewhere near London if memory serves, and the 5% Heineken is better than the 4.3% cork stuff :)

Nick

well this 12 for 15 yoyo bargin was brewed and canned in hup Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

bought 12 x 330ml cans of Bud in tesco today for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

see the answer in my post above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

Hmmmm 5% Heineken way nicer than the 4.3% I was in Belfast recently and got 5% bottles 12 for 8pounds. About 2 years ago I got the 5% down south but havnt seen it since:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 merlinssword

20 bottles of heineken in dunnes for €15. They also have 24 bottles of sol for €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭carab

Picked up some of these last night, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Nick
    It says "Brewed in Holland" on the 5% cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You should try a blind tasting on the 2. Many people drink from the can, so get a metallic twang & smell. A guy in the beer forum swore blind he much preferred bottles over cans, but then had the guts to come back and admit there was very little difference when he and his mates did a proper blind tasting. i.e. pouring the same beer from bottles/cans into glasses, and much more importantly, not knowing which was which. In several cases the cans turned out better. Cans do not allow light in which can make beers taste terrible. This is even worse in clear bottles and is one of the reasons cited as to why people have to mask the horrible taste of corona by jamming a lime or lemon slice in the neck, it attempts to mask the funky off smell of light struck beer.
    Kegged heineken here is brewed here, all the rest if from holland. The 4.3% stuff is probably identical to the 5% stuff but just diluted down more.

I have never seen 5% heineken that was not brewed in holland, last ones I saw were in eurospar and meant for the scottish market (but brewed in holland). I think I did see 3.4% stuff brewed in the UK, so some 5% might be, but I never saw it.

Many beers are brewed to a higher % and then diluted down, including draught guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

rubadub wrote: »
    I have never seen 5% heineken that was not brewed in holland, last ones I saw were in eurospar and meant for the scottish market (but brewed in holland). I think I did see 3.4% stuff brewed in the UK, so some 5% might be, but I never saw it.

Many beers are brewed to a higher % and then diluted down, including draught guinness.
    Maybe its changed but it was brewed in uk a few years ago, almost certain of it, although it could have said on the can for the uk market, the 3.4% drink is probably UK carlsberg, dont think I've seen any others in uk that low

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Went to tesco, shelf was void of any 12x500s, picked up an 8 pack and trudged off only to stumble across one last 12 pack in the soft drinks aisle. Wehey!:D

Also doing the 20 x Heineken bottles in Dunnes now for 15 euro.

Advertisement