Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieved this 'Employment Offer' today...

Options
  • 07-10-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

Sent: 07 October 2010 13:47:47
    To: [email][/email]
    @live.com

Judd Financial Services Pty Ltd
    82 Mulgoa Rd, Jamisontown,
    NSW, 2750, Australia.

Hello,
    my name is Mark Miles and I am Judd Financial Services hiring manager. We have found and carefully reviewed your CV and decided to offer this job to you.

Our services
    When buying-selling operations via the Internet are concerned, the buyer and the seller don't know each other (they may be placed in different corners of the world) - it is very important both to the buyer and the seller for their deal to be made safe. Payment Protection means receiving money, documents, goods (it might be both the seller's and the buyer's) concerning the transaction to a reliable, experienced, impartial person - our Payment Protection agent. The agent will hold all the documents and money until all the terms of the deal are satisfied and only then release them to the intended receiver.

Why we need Payment Protection agents
    Having a Payment Protection agent in every country we can quickly transfer funds inside a country without wasting time on the international bank transfers, and continue our rapid growth rather than overwhelming our own bank account with inbound and outbound transactions leading to severe hold times and possible service interruption. It is time that is of significant importance to our clients.

Career and Benefits
    Your main task will be receiving money transactions to any bank account you would like to use for the purposes of this job; and then forwarding these transactions to the next party of the Payment Protection process according to our instructions. You will benefit from the commissions, which are 5-7% of each transaction and depend on the quantity of the completed transactions and the speed of your work. Besides, you will be paid a basic salary of 1500 GBP per month.

For your convenience there will be no paychecks, your commission will remain in your account after every successfully completed transaction. The money transfer fee is not included in your commission, meaning that you will deduct it from the received amount, not from your commission. Also you receive 5-7% of the transaction amount. Normally the amounts that we process vary from 2,000 GBP to 10,000 GBP, but can go higher on special occasions.

Job details
    As the financial activity in your area is not too high, a Payment Protection agent will be processing approximately 1-2 transactions per week. Each transaction requires approximately 4-5 hours of the agent work. Our manager always calls the agent beforehand to provide all the instructions. Therefore, with the due time management, the agent is able to combine this job with other activities (e.g. primary job or studies).

If you are ready to proceed, please reply to this e-mail and our hiring manager Paul Digby will contact you shortly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information.

--
    Yours Sincerely,
    Mark Miles,
    Judd Financial Services.

Anyone got this recently?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

did you send a cv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

pmcmahon wrote: »
    did you send a cv?

Nope! And haven't uploaded a CV to any job sites or anything.

It's obviously a scam but it's one I haven't seen before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

Scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

Scam.com ..dont know the story with it tho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

d.anthony wrote: »
    Nope! And haven't uploaded a CV to any job sites or anything.

It's obviously a scam but it's one I haven't seen before.

then just forward all your junk mail too them,they'll stop hassling you then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Go for it OP. Give them your credit card details as well, to show you're really interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Google Mark Miles & Paul Digby - definate scam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Ah great,i need a job! I'll email him now. And give him my bank details. Can't go wrong sure! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

]Perhaps its some joke from a crap friend. I sometimes get the "Spanish Lottery" ones, send us you bank details - ha ha!!! yeah! I know they got my name and address from the eircom phone directory because my surname is spelt wrong in the directory and was spelt the same on the envelope.

Im watching this thread because I would love to know if others have been offered this job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Got a similar offer months ago, but would be precessing the sales of art. Its basically a money laundering scam from the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

We have found and carefully reviewed your CV

hahahahahahaha.

How do they make their money though? I take it the checks pass at first then when they're discovered as fake it's the poor sod that took up the offer that gets chased up for the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

How do they make their money though? I take it the checks pass at first then when they're discovered as fake it's the poor sod that took up the offer that gets chased up for the cash?

They have some poor sods bank account and want his money, they dont want a direct trace to themselves. They transfer the money from poor sods account to yours. You take out the money and transfer it via western union to an untracable location.
    Poor sods discovers his account has been hacked and repors the money as stolen, bank looks to you to replace the stolen money and they have the cash with no trace

After a bit of Googling, I came across this. It's a contract they want you to sign when you enquire further...
    Payment Protection Agent Employment Agreement
    Judd Financial Services Pty Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) on the one hand
    and _________________ (hereinafter referred to as “the Contractor”) on the other hand, together
    called Parties, have concluded the present Employment Agreement (further - Agreement) as
    follows.
    Payment Protection Agent
    Duties, Term of the Agreement and Compensation
    1. DUTIES:
    1.1. The Company assigns and the Contractor undertakes the responsibility to provide the
    following services to the Company in the context of the present Agreement:
    · To receive protection payments from the clients of the Company to his personal bank
    account;
    · To effect protection payments to the Company’s partners via Western Union / Money Gram or
    another mentioned money transfer system.
    1.2. The Contractor will report directly to the senior manager and to any other party
    designated by the senior manager in connection with the performance of the duties under this
    Agreement and shall fulfill any other duties reasonably requested by the Company and agreed to
    by the Contractor.
    2. COMPENSATION:
    2.1. The Contractor’s basic salary will be 1700 EUR per month. The Contractor will also
    benefit from the commissions, which are 5-7% of every transaction and depend on the quantity
    of completed transactions and the speed of the Contractor’s work.
    2.2. The Company shall have the right to decrease the Contractor’s commission in case the
    payment processing terms were violated by the Contractor. In this case the Contractor’s
    commission will be decreased at a rate of 3% per day.
    3. BENEFITS PACKAGE AND PROFESSIONAL ADVANTAGES
    3.1. The Contractor, being the independent Party, independently bears responsibility for
    execution of services in the context of the present Agreement. Therefore the Contractor agrees
    that the Company shall not render the latter an employee, partner or agent with the Company for
    any purpose.
    3.2. The parties have agreed to consider any messages sent each other by means of facsimile
    or email communication to be legal.
    4. TERM AND DURATION OF THE AGREEMENT:
    4.1. No person, but the account holder, who is the Contractor, shall have the authority to the
    withdrawal of any money from the account, which is to be requested from the Company. The
    company’s sole purpose to such bank information: account number, routing number, BSB/sort
    code, account name and address, is to deposit only. The account holder, who is the Contractor,
    will have the authority to withdrawals of any kind in order to satisfactorily complete the “duties”
    of the Contractor, who declares full responsibility of any requests to withdraw money for the
    Company according to the instructions provided by the Company. The Contractor acknowledges
    honesty and
    specific times to complete the tasks for the Company. The Company and The Contractor
    understand that all the money deposited to the Contractor’s bank account by the Company’s
    clients belong to the Company. No personal investments will be required on behalf of the
    Contractor to execute the Contractor’s duties according to the provisions of the present
    agreement. No information, which will be provided to the Company, shall be distributed to third
    parties for any reasons and if doing so, the
    Agreement will be breeched by the Company.
    4.2. The present Agreement signed by the means of facsimile or e-mail communication,
    stands good in law. The present Agreement shall remain in force from the moment if it’s signing
    by the Parties (“____“________________ 2010) for the period of 1 (one) year, unless terminates
    earlier (with 1 (one) week before notice required) in accordance with the terms of this
    Agreement.
    http://www.juddfinancial.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

It must be 1990's email night in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Ask them to send you their bank account details and password and tell them that you will withdraw the money yourself and pass it on.......less you commission of course !!!! Would be very surprised if you get a reply!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ask them what exactly is on your CV. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Its a scam.
    Want to earn $3500 to $4000 a month, working from home, for an international online-offline money transfer service?
    Not if it is illegal, you don’t! So-called “company” Cash-Transfers Inc is recruiting money mules to be involved in illegal money laundering schemes.
    The unsolicited email purports to come from Cash-Transfers project coordinator Luke Maxwell who is recruiting five representatives to conduct financial transactions.
    The representatives can work from home and will be required to transfer money from clients to certain destinations. A commission of 2.5% is payable after transactions are completed. Bonuses are available quarterly. You also have the chance to be promoted to management positions within 3 to 6 months.
    This unsolicited email reads exactly like emails sent by Instant Cash, another money transfer scam. In fact they are the same, just the names and dates have been changed.
    Cash-Transfers also operates a slick website. Again, it’s a template website previously used by Instant Cash and others. You can check out our Instant Cash listing by clicking here.
    Money transfer schemes work like this. The money transferred into your bank account is often stolen from other people’s bank accounts via the Internet. Scammers use Trojan and key logging viruses to capture customer online banking details. They need Australian bank accounts to launder the money through. Once you receive the money, you take your cut and pass the rest to a pre-arranged overseas destination.
    There are laws against money laundering. There is a real possibility that you will be prosecuted. It is not worth the risk of prosecution and a criminal record.
    The United Kingdom’s banking industry website www.banksafeonline.org.uk/spotting_scams.html has an up-to-date list of other money mule scams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Are they regulated by the Central Bank & the Financial Services Regulator?

If they are, then they are definitely bona fide :D

- FoxT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Don't listen to them OP, typical Irish begrudgary, take the job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It must be 1990's email night in AH.

1970's music icons night too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

its a scam for sure. after you make contact with them they are going to need your bank details to send the cash too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I got a similar letter, signed by someone else though...
    Yours Sincerely,
    B Cowen,
    Dodgy Financial Services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

If someone puts money into my bank account i will be keeping it, come and find me if they think they can get it back:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

If someone puts money into my bank account i will be keeping it, come and find me if they think they can get it back:mad:

lol
    "good luck gettin it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doiing

:(
    Anyone got this recently?

Hi, I received exactly the same job offer this morning from the said mr mark miles. I have recently posted my cv on a jobsite but this email struck me as a scam, so I googled the company details and found your post! I don't believe its legit - just another crook hoping to land on some niave desperate body in the market for a job in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Looks legit to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

I suppose the 419 scams are evolving!!

I bet they would talk to you nicely first, and put a tenner to your account and get you transfer 8 quid to someone else (probably the next 'candidate' in their list). After a couple of transactions like this, they would get you to pay someone first, say a tenner, and then pay you with a bit more commission - say €15. This stage is called grooming. Later on they would ask you to make a larger payment to someone, and you will, because you are expecting 50% cut, and then that will the last you will ever hear from them.

Nice idea though! Way better than the old 30,000,000,000 in account type emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I start on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

JustinOval wrote: »
    I start on Monday.

Nice one justin

Wish you the best of luck in your new job :D

Advertisement