Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groundbreaking new drug treatment for suffering Emo's

Options
  • 07-10-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

One in three Irish people know someone with a teenage Emo son or daughter a new survey has revealed, but in many cases it takes up to 14 years before teens are diagnosed with this debilitating illness.
    Emoism is now the "single biggest public health issue" in Ireland but is still neglected and stigmatised, Professor Darren Walsh of Trinity college Dublin said yesterday.
    The new survey, which was carried out by several men in neatly ironed pants, showed one in three people know someone with the mental illness, and 60pc know someone with 'those tell tale signs'.
    New research suggests that early diagnosis may be key in fighting the disorder.
    Emoism coincides with the first stages of puberty. The sufferer usually starts by self harming the hair follicles, franticly attacking them in a desperate bid for attention.

Most Emo's dye the hair a dull shade of black. Although, some early stage sufferers keep a white or pink streak - probably to help remind themselves of happier times in the real world.

The hair itself is usually swept over one eye to symbolise the wearers disregard for 3 dimensional space. This, Dr Walsh says, is one of the first stages of the disease.
    "We need to catch it early. If it progresses to the later stages it will be very difficult to treat. When one is accustomed to a 2 dimensional lifestyle it is very hard to turn back.
    It is usually too late for the Emo sufferer when he/she/it starts wearing slim-fit jeans, and horribly tight t-shirts with obscure band names printed on them."
    Dr Walsh also asks parents to keep their ears peeled for over-used words like 'mainstream', 'melancholy' and 'forsaken' or phrases such as 'Every tear tells a story', 'I hurt myself so you can't' or 'I carved your name on a bullet so people would know you were the last thing to go through my head.' .
    If Emoism is left untreated it can lead to severe health and social problems including pretending to cut wrists with blunt objects, crying like Peter Andre, self sexual abuse, excess fringe acne and even permanent blindness in one eye.
    However with proper management and treatment sufferers can lead productive lives as broadcaster Pat Kenny has already proven in the past.
    Emo's often do serious damages to their relationships and careers during these bouts which recur periodically and are usually followed by an even more 'needy' depressive phase, Dr Walsh said.
    "This disorder can be treated without drugs. But it does need to be caught early." he said.
    Dr Walsh was speaking at the launch of GleEmo, an anti-psychotic drug produced by Beechams which has just been licensed for treating Emoism in Ireland.
    It was found that many of the older methods of treating the disorder, such as beating them with studded belts and locking them under the stairs for long periods of time, cause severe side effects.
    'The new drug Gleemo has much reduced side effects for treating Emos', he said.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Are you a terrorist?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

This was too long of a read and i dont care about emos. They are about as usless as a road cone in a lake

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Pat Kenny was an emo??
    Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wow, it's 2006 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

At least try to give credit to the original creator..

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=232

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BotFly

I thought Jake the Mus was the cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

EarlERizer wrote: »
    One in three Irish people know someone with a teenage Emo son or daughter a new survey has revealed, but in many cases it takes up to 14 years before teens are diagnosed with this debilitating illness.
    Emoism is now the "single biggest public health issue"

This is true, it caused Rod Hull to jump of his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

At least try to give credit to the original creator..

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/article.php?id=232

:rolleyes: ooops sorry Sir ..... yiu can find this and more humour in the monthly spanner on ww.oxegen.ie .....

Hows that?
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Oh jesus :facepalm:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Even though it only took you four or five seconds to copypasta that, it wasn't worth it.

Even though it only took you four or five seconds to copypasta that, it wasn't worth it.
    Ramen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

This thread is sh!t.

Choose one of the following as a new topic...

- Robocop is a great old movie.

- Sandwiches, whats your favourite?

- that tv ad for tourism in ireland with the screaming singing hags does my ****in head in.

This thread is sh!t.

- that tv ad for tourism in ireland with the screaming singing hags does my ****in head in.
    I'm going with Robocop... it has that guy from that 70s show in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Robocop - aren't they doing a reboot of that soon?

No need. It's class.

OisinT wrote: »
    I'm going with Robocop... it has that guy from that 70s show in it!

haha yeah your mans dad, Red? i think his name was.

Could never think of him as anyone else but Clarence J Boddicker!!! A real bad bastard.:pac:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Robocop - aren't they doing a reboot of that soon?

No need. It's class.

I really hope they don't to be honest. Its going to be sh!t no matter what direction they take it. Even R2 was only average.

Look at what happened to the Alien/s saga.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

No apostrophe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jev/N wrote: »
    No apostrophe.

Robocop's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Robocop is long overdue for a reboot. Get Colin Farrell in, move it to Limerick and bingo, Robogard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Dead or Alive you're coming with me.

Murphy its you
    Murphy its you
    Murphy its you
    Murphy its you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

This thread is sh!t.

Robocop is a great movie alright. The Robocop Prime Directives series was some of the best tv of the last 30 odd years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Robocop is long overdue for a reboot. Get Colin Farrell in, move it to Limerick and bingo, Robogard.

Ohhhhh man would I pay to see that!

here you go....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

BotFly wrote: »
    I thought Jake the Mus was the cure.

Where'd you get those muscles bruv?

Advertisement