Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F**k!! The FBI is lookin for me...

Options
  • 07-10-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭

I got this email a few minutes ago....

The FBI somehow got my email address, and the UN is watching me too!!!!:eek::eek:

What should I do??????
    Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
    Directorate of International Payment
    In Conjunction With
    The United Nations (UN)
    Registered office 3 Whitehall Court,
    London, SW1A 2EL
    E-mail :fbi_un2010@live.com
    Attention!!!

This is an official Notification from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at informing you of an outstanding payment in your name valued at UD$7.5M and currently being supervised by the United Nations (UN). These two Organizations have scheduled a time-frame to settle all unpaid funds which includes: Contract/Inheritance/Gambling/Lottery etc. News had it that over the past, numerous individual(s) who happen to be impostors (claiming to be oficials of banks and organizations) are claiming to release numerous sums via numerous ways.

However, it is imperative that you comply strictly with the legal pre-requisites and directives of these honorable Organizations (FBI) and (UN) for the immediate release of the said fund. I must tell you categorically clear that if you have sent any money to anyone in the past regarding the release of your fund, then you sure have sent it to the wrong person, because none of those so-called people/ offices has the power or authority to release any fund to you!! So beware and be careful who you communicate with!!!
    Meanwhile, someone in the name of Harold Williams has already applied for the claim of the US$7.5M on your behalf, so kindly indicate if the said person is from you or not so that we can reverse the payment file immediately and take appropriate actions against the claimant.

Nevertheless, if you wish to receive this fund yourself, then kindly re-confirm to this office your detailed information as required bellow so that we can instruct the UNITED NATIONS to commence the immediate authorization of your payment to your nominated bank account.
    1) YOUR FULL LEGAL NAMES
    2) HOME/BILLING ADDRESS
    3) PRIVATE TEL/ FAX NUMBERS
    4) AGE/ OCCUPATION
    5) NATIONALITY
    6) ANY COPY OF YOUR ID
    7) YOUR DETAILED BANK INFORMATION
    8) TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT SO FAR IN THE PURSUIT OF YOUR FUND (IN USD)

This is a joint mandate with the Fraud Law Enforcement and Recovery Act America, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the UNITED NATIONS (UN) to commence the immediate release of your funds via approved correspondent Banks both here in the USA and also in UK, no more dealings with these scammers who are mostly from Nigeria. So in your response, you are required to specify if you want your fund wired from USA or UK.
    For security reasons, you are advised to take note of this special code: FBI-UN/PMT/511. Always quote this special payment code in all your correspondence with this office and that of the UN, and any email you receive from henceforth without this special code, kindly ignore, delete or forwardt it to this office immediately for verification!!!

This measure is to stop the impostors you have erroneously been dealing with. You are to adhere strictly to the instructions above for your own good!!!

Congratulations in Advance!

Yours sincerely,
    Dr Robert S. Mueller
    Cc: White House (USA)
    Cc: United Nations
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
    Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the addresses only. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission from the addressee is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete it permanently without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents, and notify the sender immediately.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Urgent Notice From The UN and FBI (Pls Read!)

lol at the email address!!

PS how do I make it not go over off the screen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Love how it finishes with txt spk...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The_B_Man wrote: »
    What should I do??????

Post something original.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Obey their orders or face extraordinary rendition.

Wait. That's the CIA.

Trace the IP address and kill the ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

You should supply them with your details. Looks genuine enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Lock yourself in the basement and wait for the return of the Messiah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 flamboosh

tl;dr

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Seems legit OP

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The police are after me. I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest.

[/Pat Mustard]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Tough times for the FBI when they have to use @live.co.uk email addressess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Just give them the details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

zuroph wrote: »
    Post something original.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

DONT send them your details......

Send them to me and I'll look them over to make sure its ok to send them on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I give whoever wrote that e-mail his dues. He tried very hard to make the e-mail as professional as he could but sadly failed when he inserted such things as !!!!!, PLS, White House and fbi_un2010. But i'm sure they'll improve one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i think its their over use of exclamation marks that makes them seem fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

If I was you I wouldn't be worried about the e-mail...

However, If I was a member of the F.B.I or the United Nations I would be seriously worried about the standard of writing, spelling and grammar used by my colleagues.

As the Dr. (he can't even abbreviate his own title correctly) has in fact carbon copied (Cc <---- should be cc) The White House and the United Nations. I'm sure they will deal with his crimes of poor spelling, phrasing and his complete lack of coherency.

I haven't read such tripe since my last e-mail from my long lost relative Mojo aka The Nigerian Prince who wanted me to mind his money in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

the_b_man has to go dark to avoid getting tracked down by the fbi. this time, there's no after hours to look forward to. the_b_man is on his own and he's about to learn his biggest lesson yet: trust no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wonder has anyone ever written back to these guys just telling them that they know that they're scammers.

I mean it'd be interesting if someone said this

Hey look, I know you're a scammer and just trying to get money out of me to fund your little criminal network. You're not fooling anyone whoever you are, and if you think you're stupid retarded e-mail is really going to make people think that it's legit then you must be the most stupidest person known to man, because it is pathetic and quite clearly not written by who you supposedly say you are. Go die in a ditch somewhere, nobody will care

P.S If you are annoyed by my e-mail, then please send me your name, bank details and and address so that I can send you amount of money you asked as a token of my apologies

Your Sincerly, *insert name here*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

For security reasons, you are advised to take note of this special code: FBI-UN/PMT/511

After speaking to my undercover colleagues in the C.I.A. I/we have come to the conclusion that this is a fraudulent correspondance..

FACTS:

After intense analysis of the "sekrit code" : FBI-UN/PMT/511

FBI = Female Boobs Itchy

UN = Undeniably Nuts

PMT = Pre Menstrual Tension

511 = Eleven minutes past five AM

CONCLUSION:

A really peed off female wrote this e-mail to you, you are probably best not to go outside or answer your phone for a while.

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

EDIT: $7.5M = She wants new shoes to make up for you pissing her off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Cc White House? Cc UN? Does that actually work? I'm sooo trying that next time I send an email. It's probably like sending a video to "You've Been Framed, London."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Send them back an email telling them your rich Nigerian uncle has died leaving all his money to you but you cant afford the fees on your own and so need them to pay the $20,000 fees by wiring the money to you through Western Union so you can split the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bless them, they try so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Send them back an email telling them your rich Nigerian uncle has died leaving all his money to you but you cant afford the fees on your own and so need them to pay the $20,000 fees by wiring the money to you through Western Union so you can split the money.

Actually, thats a good idea! The next 419 I get, I'm gonna forward it on to them!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

lol The postcode is a block a flats in london, semi legit address. Ah bless them for trying anyway.
    I think if the fbi really wanted to speak to you they wouldn't be sending such a wimpy email.... they'd be at your door without you knowing it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

well clearly their e-mail is fbi_un2010@live.com so email them away...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

have you broken up with a girl lately maybe she had connections :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Federal Boards of Investigation (FBI)
    Directorate of International Payment
    In Conjunction With
    The Black & Tans (B&T)
    8th Avenue
    West 34th Street,
    New York.
    E-mail :Agent001@boards.ie
    Attention!!!

Mr Anderson, give us your bank details or you face immediate termination.

First & Last chance.......Mr Anderson.

Regards,
    Agent *BLEEP BLEEP*
    0mG 1 1z t3h b€sT!!!!1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Why don't you forward it on to the real FBI OP, with a cover note saying how upset you are that the FBI are now reverting to fraud, using free email address and renting cheap flats in London. If nothing else it would be interesting to see if they reply. After all,impersonating a Gman must be a serious crime.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well I'd defo get off the internet for at least a few months if I were you....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Every time I get one of these emails, I ring the FBI to confirm. They've asked me to stop calling them. Very unhelpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The Feds have been spamming one of my email addresses for a while now also. So thanks for that OP, you did something I would never do - open dodgy emails.

Advertisement