Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody ever get stuck in a lift?

Options
  • 07-10-2010 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Every time I'm in a lift I read the sign that says "if emergency occurs press buzzer" or something like that and I wondered how scary it would be if the lift did actually get stuck with you inside. Anyone ever have to raise an alarm in a lift?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Was stuck in the lift in Hawkins House yesterday, just after lunch of nice roast lamb and turnips.

Couple of tweedy auld wans and some gimp with a brolly and Homburg hat in there.

Unloaded a silent deadly queefer of a fart which enveloped the lift carriage in a fetid tear- inducing fog.

Fcuking auld ones were fanning themselves with the Irish Times and the auld lad looked like getting sick.

She was a right rancid one in fairness.Hung like heavy gas in the air:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Was stuck in the lift in Hawkins House yesterday, just after lunch of nice roast lamb and turnips.

Couple of tweedy auld wans and some gimp with a brolly and Homburg hat in there.

Unloaded a silent deadly queefer of a fart which enveloped the lift carriage in a fetid tear- inducing fog.

Fcuking auld ones were fanning themselves with the Irish Times and the auld lad looked like getting sick.

She was a right rancid one in fairness.Hung like heavy gas in the air:D
    I'm not one to say OMG, but OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS! I feel sorry for the other lift passengers though. What happened, did you have to call for help, were you stuck long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I'm not one to say OMG, but OMG THAT IS HILARIOUS! I feel sorry for the other lift passengers though. What happened, did you have to call for help, were you stuck long?
    Yuk ass molecules.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Yeah happened at my flat couple of weeks ago. After a night out there was four of us in the lift and it just shuddered, pretty violently actually, and it came over the pa in a pre-recorded voice "lift out of order". Fair enough, but the emergency button just rang out and no reception on the mobile. At this point most people would get really worried however it was after a night out and we were pretty fu*king hammered so no one freaked out at all. So we all stood there for a while eating chips until we had the bright idea to try and pull the door open. Lucky enough we had stopped at the third floor and just jumped out. To be fair if we didn't we would have been there all night so thank f*ck it opened. Fairly wary of lifts now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea, with 2 hookers and Richard Dawkins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

He's been stuck on slight variations of the same story for the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

yep happened a few times - had to pull door open in one lift on hols and was almost at the right floor so just climbed out. never been stuck more then 5 mins though luckily enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Was stuck in the lift in Hawkins House yesterday .There was Couple of tweedy auld wans and some bloke that looked like he just finished dinner.He let a dirty smelly ripper that would make your eyes bleed.He just stood there smiling and smelling it himself and telling us it was delicious.Fcuking auld ones were fanning themselves with the Irish Times and I was gonna get sick.I have never smelled anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

yeah in a galway apartment block @ 3am..... bursting for a slash- two girls i was with start smoking.....:rolleyes:

classy moths.

2 hrs later,firebrigade-owner of apartment block were not amused...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i've never and will never get stuck in an elevator because i always take the stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

i've never and will never get stuck in an elevator because i always take the stairs.

Did you ever get stuck on the stairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

snyper wrote: »
    Yea, with 2 hookers and Richard Dawkins.

Did he lecture you on creationism before you lashed the 2 brazzers out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I did once. I swore I'd never drink again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i've saw a lot of things on those stairs, but i never saw my direction hindered.

Advertisement