Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling holiday in South Spain February 2011

Options
  • 07-10-2010 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

hi all,

I am investigating going on cycling for a week or 10 days in the south of Spain in February 2011.

Can anyone advise as to my options? Should I do it all myself or should I go with a company? If anyone has any recommendations for where to go and who to go with that would be fantastic.

Thanks,:)
    Vince
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

A few of us went on this training camp http://www.andaluciancyclingexperience.com/index.html
    I enjoyed it, but the weather was a bit of a miss. We stayed in a couple of houses, some of us got luckier than others with the accomodation. The house I stayed in was amazing! The village Montecorto was very nice, tiny ... but nice. I liked it.

I think some of the guys and ladies on this trip also tried Vamos Cycling, a little higher in the Andalusian mountains and they prefered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A few of us went on this training camp http://www.andaluciancyclingexperience.com/index.html
    I enjoyed it, but the weather was a bit of a miss. We stayed in a couple of houses, some of us got luckier than others with the accomodation. The house I stayed in was amazing! The village Montecorto was very nice, tiny ... but nice. I liked it.

I think some of the guys and ladies on this trip also tried Vamos Cycling, a little higher in the Andalusian mountains and they prefered it.

I've been to both places. The weather on the trip to the Vamos guys was much better, but that was just down to time of year. Both places are very good and I would have no hesitation recommending either for a trip.

Just be aware, the weather can suck in February even in southern Spain if you are in the hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

One for the boards jersey sighting thread... link

Looks like a nice holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 abbeyside1

I'd recomend Gran Canaria at that time of year,weather much better(25/30 degrees),quite roads and lots of hills.For the sake of a longer flight its worth it.Either do a package holiday and do your own thing or check out http://www.cyclegrancanaria.com/ for organised stuff.Theres always loads on the roads out there from all over europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

thanks guys.will do some futher reseach on these options but having been to Canaries for hiking in January before, I think this option may win out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement