Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volbeat - Beyond Hell /Above Heaven

Options
  • 07-10-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Purchased this 2 weeks ago and felt it needed a mention. One of the best albums of the year imo. I have only got into Volbeat this year and feel this album is their best so far.

Evelyn feat Barney from Napalm Death is a deadly tune, Volbeat at their heaviest!

Looking forward to seeing them next month, bargain basement ticket price of €13.50 was quiet nice too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You are the first person that I have seen mention them.

I have drawn blank looks over the last few years when I have mentioned them to mates.

Cracking live band. Saw them and Audrey Horne on the same bill some time back and it was a brilliant gig.

The new album is quite cool, and Rock the Rebel / Metal the Devil is probably the next best album from them. The other two albums are pretty decent also.

Actually Audrey Horne are a band that you might like a lot if you like Volbeat. Start with their latest album, it's self titled, and work backwards if you decide to check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I also bought this but haven't had enough time to listen it. But I have all their previous cd's and after only few listening session Beyond Hell/Above Heaven sounds great. Only thing I didn't like was the rockabilly song which name I can't remember now. I have seen band live few times and I can also recommend everybody who likes artists like Danzig, Metallica, Jason & The Scorchers, go and check them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Haven't got it or any of their albums yet, but keep on meaning to before their gig next month. Saw them at Graspop last year & one of the bands of the weekend for most of us. Great energy & got the whole audience going! Really looking forward to their gig, but must get some of their stuff so I know the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

I've just gotten into Volbeat recently. A friend turned me onto them. I heard the name mentioned before but never took any notice. I'm glad I finally took notice because they are a great band. 7 Shots off Beyond Hell... is bloody brilliant. The whole album is.
    I gotta scrape together some funds for a ticket to the gig, hopefully it wont sell out before I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

This Thursday, lads and ladies. Woo Hoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Counting all the assholes in the room, well I guess I'm not alone

Can't wait for this gig. Tis gonna be mighty.

Just got email from ticketmaster which says "Due to unforeseen circumstances the performance of VOLBEAT on the 25-NOV-10 has been CANCELLED. Please return tickets to point of purchase for a refund."

:(

Boooooo
    Ah ****e, I am raging was really looking forward to this.:mad:
    I suppose at least WASP is on Sat

More information from Volbeat homepage: "After a strenuous sold-out tour across main land Europe and Scandinavia, Volbeat are regrettably forced to cancel their first week of scheduled UK shows. The band did personally not want to cancel this tour but unfortunately Michael Poulsen was ordered by doctors not to fly or travel until his medical condition is stabilized to their satisfaction. At this moment Michael Poulsen is currently under doctor’s supervision and a full recovery is expected within time to be able to pursue engagements from Dec 1st and onwards."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I'd hold on to the ticket if I thought it would be re-scheduled. What are the chances, do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

blastman wrote: »
    I'd hold on to the ticket if I thought it would be re-scheduled. What are the chances, do you think?

You're better off to just get your refund. It's not like as if they sold like hot cakes. That's what I'm doing anyway.

True, although it was only €15...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

True, although it was only €15...

You got ripped off man! I paid €13.50 :D

Gig rescheduled for Oct 22nd. Yay a Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

I've always underestimated Volbeat till I've started looking for their videos. They are really great! I hope I can see them live soon.

This Sat ,lads and ladies, it should be face-meltingly brilliant!

Black Spiders in support too, I believe, so you'll need two faces.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Black Spiders in support too, I believe, so you'll need two faces.....

Pity I can't make it, Volbeat haven't done much for me when I've seen them in the past but I do like Black Spiders.....and it's a cheap gig.....nearly sold out I believe....

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anyone know what time Black Spiders will be on?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

What a gig. Why are this band not bigger than they are

• Advertisement

big dar wrote: »
    What a gig. Why are this band not bigger than they are

They are in Europe, just havent had their mark here, why not is beyond me.

It was a savage gig,sore neck,hungover and hoarse this morning,always a good sign!

Hearing slowly returning, great gig on Saturday night, including the heaviest version of I Only Want To Be With You that I've ever heard... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

aww gutted I missed this, loved them both times I saw them, just forgot about this gig unfortunately :(
    tell me more! was it a good turn out?

I'd say if it wasn't sold out, it was pretty close. There was a good crowd inside by the time Volbeat came on. My only gripe would be that the support set was very short, another couple of songs would have been great. I have some pics I'll try to post up later on.

Advertisement