Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + Remote

Options
  • 07-10-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Have a spare Thomson Sky + box which is one of the original of the species.

Just tested it and it is working fine without a card for the FTA channels.

However, I cannot get a Sky remote to work the box. Tried the original Sky remote and it wouldn't work. I then used a remote that works the existing sky + box and still no joy.

I have searched some of the forums and read the threads on resetting the remotes ( I even tried resetting the sky+ remote to operate as the original sky remote) but it just will not work.

Is there a need to pair a remote to a box or is there a way to reset the remote?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Does the little led blink on the box to indicate that it is receiving the remote commands?
    The ir receiver may be at fault in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Think that's the issue ok! Light on remote but nothing happening on box!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

you could get a magic eye and connect it up to the rf2 on the box.

John mac wrote: »
    you could get a magic eye and connect it up to the rf2 on the box.

Good idea JMac - my only problem might be accessing the engineers menu without a remote control in order to turn on the power to the RF2.

I will check first to see if the power is enabled! Should be as we used magic eyes with the box before!

scout353 wrote: »
    Good idea JMac - my only problem might be accessing the engineers menu without a remote control in order to turn on the power to the RF2.

I will check first to see if the power is enabled! Should be as we used magic eyes with the box before!

Ok so I checked the RF2 output and it hasn't the power enabled!

Which brings me back to the question - is there a way to access the engineer menu from the box rather than the remote control!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Does anyone know where i can get sky+ hd box code for BushLCD37TV016HD (bought in tesco last year)Tried everywhere cant find it

Does anyone know where i can get sky+ hd box code for BushLCD37TV016HD (bought in tesco last year)Tried everywhere cant find it

Quick check and I see these as the Bush Codes

Bush 0157 246, 263, 377, 037, 064, 065, 310, 300,383, 399, 391, 402, 339

To program the remote control unit using a 3 digit code:

1 Turn your TV on.

2 Press TV on your Sky remote control handset.

3 Hold down SELECT and the RED button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

4 Key in your 3 digit code selected for your brand of TV from the table below The light on the Sky remote control should blinks twice. If the light blinks once only, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1.

5 Press the STANDBY button on your Sky remote control. If your TV switches off, press SELECT. The light on the Sky remote control blinks twice. Now try the other functions.

6 Repeat if necessary using another code.

To program the remote control unit using a 4 digit code:

1 Turn your TV on.

2 Press TV on your Sky remote control handset.

3 Hold down SELECT and the RED button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

4 Press TV on the remote again.

5 Type in the 4 digit code for your tv. The LED on the remote should flash twice. If the LED blinks once, recheck the code for your brand of TV and start again at Step 1. Press STANDBY, and your tv should turn off. If it doesnt, switch off, press TV, then press the STANDBY button. Repeat this (press TV, then STANDBY) until your TV turns off, then press SELECT.

If at this point the LED on the Sky remote control blinks three times then all internal codes for that make of receiver have been checked. Repeat from step 1, ensuring that you enter the correct manufacturer code.

7 With a bit of luck, at some point you will see the TV Guide screen. When you do, the remote control setup process is complete. If you did not see the TV Guide screen, you must now complete the following steps.

8 Press TV on your Sky remote control.

9 Hold down SELECT and the GREEN button together for about two seconds, until the red light on the Sky remote control blinks twice.

10 Key in the number of the channel on your TV that you use for watching satellite TV.

11 Press SELECT on your remote control. The red light blinks twice. The remote control setup process is complete.

Now back on topic..............Anybody figure out how to access the installer's menu without a remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

scout353 wrote: »
    Now back on topic..............Anybody figure out how to access the installer's menu without a remote?

This might work, but I can't confirm -- do you have any (or access to borrow any) magic eye enabled booster/distributer boxes? If so, they appear to provide the power themselves rather than taking the power from the Sky box - and might provide enough power to let you get the installer menu open?

• Advertisement

I have a fully functional remote control - I am trying to get it to operate the Thomson box!

Now I have power to the RF2 outlet but the remote is still not operating the box.

Don't know what the problem might be now!

Advertisement