Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning on no????

Options
  • 07-10-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi folks, do you think I'd need planning permission for a one storey extension to the back of my mid terraced house, it's in an oldd council estate and quite a few other houses have them. It's approx 370-390 sq ft. Thanks. First time I've ever approached doing this and don't know where to even start to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

touchwood wrote: »
    Hi folks, do you think I'd need planning permission for a one storey extension to the back of my mid terraced house, it's in an oldd council estate and quite a few other houses have them. It's approx 370-390 sq ft. Thanks. First time I've ever approached doing this and don't know where to even start to be honest.
    On face value it may be exempt but there are certain conditions that apply. See Q.5 here for the short version and for the full detailed version see Class1 on page 154 of the regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

touchwood wrote: »

You may not need planning permission but you will need plans if you are going to guarantee compliance with building regulations. I think you need to get a good local Architectural Technician to take a look for you, get three quotes first.

Advertisement