Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky saying they never received my check

Options
  • 07-10-2010 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Yes the funds have been debited from my account. My Bank is telling me the cheque that was made payable to sky (Crossed cheque) was lodged and taken out of my account on the 29th. Sky billing department are saying it ain't there problem as they never received the check but clearly they did if the check was cashed, Sky said i need to make indemnity claim but my understanding is that the indemnity claim is something you can claim if a payment was made in error, i meant to pay sky.

This is going is now in it's third day (does not seem like much but if you need tv for work it's a long time) and bar getting a fax number off them where i faxed through confirmation by my bank that the cheque made payable to them was cashed and where it was cashed, they have done nothing for me bar trying to get me to pay twice. They keep telling me is that there is nothing they can do !!!

I am beside myself i have no customer care number as there is no telephone in that department, i have no email address that anybody responds to and no has responded about the fax i sent with the letters from the bank confirming the payment. Not sure what else i can do? Maybe get the bank to do a full trace where they can see where the money exactly went to what account etc etc if that is even possible. Any ideas please i am desperate ?

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Im afraid i cant offer any help or advice here. I would say as well if your a commercial customer your sub isn't cheap. Surely the bank can see what account the cheque was paid into? Keep onto SKY, even threaten legal action as you have proof that the cheque has been cashed, Also threaten to cancel your account with SKy, that may set the ball rolling. The commercial side of Sky is in freefall at the moment with lots of places canceling their subs due to high prices now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if sky claim they never received payment - why not ask them if its possible one department received it or it was mis-filed under someone elses details - its more than likely an error on their behalf.

tell them you wish to cancel your subscription if they are not willing to check for errors on their side and if they fail to accept you sent payment - if the bank has a record of it then consider making a complaint to the gardai - if they have indeed received payment and claiming they haven't surely this is some form of fraud (ie the cheque was cashed and they want another issued falsely claiming payment was not received - I'm probably clutching at straws here !!)

chances are the gardai will tell you theres nothing they can do - I think the best action you can do is cancel your subscription - one less customer - if they do the same with other customers they'll soon notice a trend and will be more careful with cheques that they receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Email jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com that will get you a reply very promptly.The threat of legal action or cancellation usually gets things sorted very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Contact the Consumer Association.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

D Boyo wrote: »
    Yes the funds have been debited from my account. My Bank is telling me the cheque that was made payable to sky (Crossed cheque) was lodged and taken out of my account on the 29th. Sky billing department are saying it ain't there problem as they never received the check but clearly they did if the check was cashed, Sky said i need to make indemnity claim but my understanding is that the indemnity claim is something you can claim if a payment was made in error, i meant to pay sky.

This is going is now in it's third day (does not seem like much but if you need tv for work it's a long time) and bar getting a fax number off them where i faxed through confirmation by my bank that the cheque made payable to them was cashed and where it was cashed, they have done nothing for me bar trying to get me to pay twice. They keep telling me is that there is nothing they can do !!!

I am beside myself i have no customer care number as there is no telephone in that department, i have no email address that anybody responds to and no has responded about the fax i sent with the letters from the bank confirming the payment. Not sure what else i can do? Maybe get the bank to do a full trace where they can see where the money exactly went to what account etc etc if that is even possible. Any ideas please i am desperate ?

Thanks

Tom
    Ask the bank to provide you with a copy of the front and back of the cheque. I had a similar problem with the CRO a few years ago. When I got the copy from the bank the back of it was stamped by the CRO with a reference number, thereby proving that the fault was on their end, and providing them with a way to find where they had allocated the payment. Very important to get the bank to copy both sides of the cheque though, otherwise they tend to just do the front for some reason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement