Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Odds on website.

Options
  • 06-10-2010 10:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Hi just a query, i was browsing tonights odds for the N.B.A and one website has the handicap odds wrong, instead of of the favourite teams - 8 points they have them as + 8 points.
    My question is will i get paid out if i make the bet as the odds are wtong on there part.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

No, somone posted something similar a while back here complaining that he did the bet knowing the odds were wrong and they just gave him the bet for -8 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

That's a bit crap, they should pay your stake back at least if you place the bet at the wrong odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

You'll probably find if you look hard enough in the small print something about errors in prices will not necessarily result in payment at the incorrect odds or whatever legal terms they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Usually you will be given the option to void the bet before the event if you want. If not they will settle the bet at whatever the correct odds for +8 points would be, they don't change the handicap.

You will never get away with it, they always spot the mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

Same thing happened to me.

I backed a golfer at 800/1 even though I new it was meant to be 80/1. I put on €1 thinking it was a win win bet. This was Paddypower online.

Unfortunately they emailed me about ten minutes later stating some terms and conditions gave me 2 options.

1) Take bet at correct odds 80/1

2) Have the €1 refunded to your account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

1. Kick up a fuss and you'll usually get your stake back.

2. If it doesn't amount to a massive loss on their part, sometimes you'll get away with it.

3. They often claim that some prices were 'obvious errors' when in reality, it was just ****e pricing by their compiler. That 1 really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

3. They often claim that some prices were 'obvious errors' when in reality, it was just ****e pricing by their compiler. That 1 really annoys me.

The odd time i have experienced this (maybe twice), a quick threat of IBAS does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I bet on the Blackhawks +1.5 in the NHL the other night on PP. They were 1-0 up at that stage and were the pre game favorites even though they lost by 1 in the end. I got paid out on it. I was surprised they paid out and didn't refund my money. That seems to be the norm.

Advertisement