Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best A&E hospital to go to in south dublin

Options
  • 06-10-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Have a dislocated finger and need to go to A&E to get it checked out tomorrow morning but wondering which would be quickest to get in and out of.
    Am with Bupa so dont fancy paying €200 plus in VhI swiftcare clinic. Thinking either vincents or dun laoire.

Anyone able to recommend best option for me as am new to dublin and havent used any of the health services up here before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I'll look at it for you. Gimme a sandwich and I'll snap it right.

Really though, Vincent's probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Man up for f*ck sake. Just chop the finger off & stick a plaster on it.

It'll grow back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Any hospital will do in Dublin. Is it bad juju to go to a non-FF hospital down the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

just locate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Social Disorder

Since when is VHI 200€ :/

Pretty sure its only 80€ as in comparison to 60€ you'd usually pay for the normal sub-standard service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

It'll grow back.

Indeed. Sounds like the OP needs to grow a pair of stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mjp

Try sitting at computer all day typin and workin mouse with one hand and it aint fun. sore as hell if u may ask.

theres only so much nurofen and tylenol u can take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭JohnathanM

It'll grow back.

+1
    Post pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Try the Beacon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Real men don't go to hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,910 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So when someone needs to go to the emergency room they go online to a message board and ask people to review A&Es around the area.

That is priceless. Sir you have my nomination for the Darwin award should the situation arise.

Or maybe you aren't really having a medical emergency and you should clam up and see a normal doctor? Or you know, go on youtube and learn how to pop it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,910 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It'll grow back.
    Did your mother lace her breast milk with lizard blood?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I haven't been to Michaels but last time I went to Vincents, it was actualy pretty good!
    BTW, you might have better luck in the Dublin forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Overheal wrote: »
    That is priceless. Sir you have my nomination for the Darwin award should the situation arise.

I don't think a dislocated finger is going to stop them breeding.

Overheal wrote: »
    Did your mother lace her breast milk with lizard blood?

Yes. Only been to the hospital once, when I was decapitated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

poisonated wrote: »
    I haven't been to Michaels but last time I went to Vincents, it was actualy pretty good!

You make them sound like hotels!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Beacon has an Emergency dept., but have a look at this. it's a private hospital ($$$), and it's only open from 8am-8pm. Try St. Vincent's ?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I don't think a dislocated finger is going to stop them breeding.

You'd feckin' hope not! I don't know how a dislocated finger would affect procreation. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yes. Only been to the hospital once, when I was decapitated.

How'd that work out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mjp

just wanna get an idea asto which is est place to get in and out of in as quick a time possible without paying an arm and a leg for it as dont fancy loosing limbs in return for a few painkillers. hahaha

Sure all doctor is gonna do is send me to a&e and charge me €60 to tell me that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Dont go near tallaght or james.. Absolute Kips.

The hospitals actually are nice... just the customers they get are.....not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭ORLY?

mjp wrote: »

You don't know this. He/she may be able to resolve your problem for you. Even if they can't, the 60 euro you'll pay beats the 120 you'll pay going direct to a&e. The system is set up the way it is for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Ah, but the beauty of going to see your doctor first is that he will write you a referral letter to the A&E, and you will then not have to pay the A&E fee's!! Which can be a hell of a lot more than €50/60, and as a bonus your GP can recommend you which hospital would be best to go to!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

if its something simple head for micheals, you will get out of there quick enough, tho think a+e is only open 8-8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Superbus wrote: »
    You make them sound like hotels!

Ah now Irish hospitals are far from being hotels.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

you have to go to hospital but expect to wait for around 4/5 hours , could be worse ya could be in real danger and be stuck on a trolley for days on end ........ get in there sit in the waiting room with a smile on your face and dont moan , actually try be cheerful and thank god for what you have, as nearly everyone you meet just keep moaning wether it be about the economy/weather/nama /anglo/Aib/ IMF/bondholders/seanie/ fingers/budget/bertie/ Ppars /voting machines / tax increases /catholic church/unemployment , to name but a few.........................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Try sitting at computer all day typin and workin mouse with one hand and it aint fun. sore as hell if u may ask.

theres only so much nurofen and tylenol u can take
    Hmmm, if only hospitals were open 24/7. :rolleyes:

Dord wrote: »
    How'd that work out for you?

Grand. A bit of disinfectant & some duct tape and I was on my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

think we should be asking at this stage, how exactly the op dislocated their finger???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Head to Coppers,should be full of nurses who'd be only too happy to help you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement