Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead macbook battery

Options
  • 06-10-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

I have an old macbook with what seems to be a dead battery. It was working fine but when I got a new macbook pro a few weeks ago I didn't touch it and now the battery isn't charging and coconut battery crashes on startup which apparently is a good sign of a dead battery.

Anyways, looking to find out where is the best place to get a replacement battery at a good price. I'm living in Cork if that is any help. And any idea of what is the cost of a new one? The model identifier is Macbook3,1

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

ician wrote: »
    I have an old macbook with what seems to be a dead battery. It was working fine but when I got a new macbook pro a few weeks ago I didn't touch it and now the battery isn't charging and coconut battery crashes on startup which apparently is a good sign of a dead battery.

Does the Macbook work with the charger plugged in? Also, what charger are you using with the MB?

Also, it's worthwhile to ensure that your battery firmware is up to date :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ician wrote: »

Anyways, looking to find out where is the best place to get a replacement battery at a good price. I'm living in Cork if that is any help. And any idea of what is the cost of a new one? The model identifier is Macbook3,1

Thanks!

Look at the Apple website for a battery. I wouldn't buy anything other than a genuine Apple battery myself, so prices are the same everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

whiterebel wrote: »
    Look at the Apple website for a battery. I wouldn't buy anything other than a genuine Apple battery myself, so prices are the same everywhere.

I bought my 13" macbook battery from here. http://www.battery-locator.co.uk/ it took about 2 weeks but it was 1/2 the price. I've had it a few weeks and its still holding the power at 99%. Cant see any difference to be honest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

akaspike wrote: »
    I bought my 13" macbook battery from here. http://www.battery-locator.co.uk/ it took about 2 weeks but it was 1/2 the price. I've had it a few weeks and its still holding the power at 99%. Cant see any difference to be honest.

Good prices alright, and they look like genuine Apple kit. I was more talking about Chinese knock offs which I wouldn't use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

akaspike wrote: »

Would you recommend buying a battery from them? I badly need a new one for my MacBook Pro and was just going to get one from the official Apple store after reading horror stories of non genuine batteries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

As i said before, honestly i cant see any difference. It's an identical copy down to the battery indicator. It's still holding a charge. So yeah i would recommend them, your saving probably 50%.
    In fairness though the web site doesn't look the greatest but i was given the link from a contact in twitter who recommended them. The only downside was the delivery time.

Advertisement