Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house and Sky

Options
  • 06-10-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

How do I go about getting Sky installed at my new address? I only got it installed a few weeks ago but I have decided to move. There is no dish at the new house

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Just say youve to move adddress and youll prib havce to pay a new installation fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Ring them up, probably best if you get you other half (if one exists) to avail of the New Customer offers (like a free HD box, free install, free Sky Sports for x months, etc.). It is very likely that they will charge you an install fee if you simply transfer over your existing account, you might be able to argue your case but the easy option is to switch account holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

actually good idea, say yopur moving abroad in an email to customer service, they prob wont charge a cancellation, then get OH to create new account. great advice Rebel

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Easiest way is to just get someone to remove the dish and receiver for you and re-do the job at the new location. A reputable installer of course

No need to contact sky only to change your address

simple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

No OH, fortunately!! Or maybe unfortunately in this case!!

Just worrying about how much they will charge me. I'll give a private installer a call too to compare

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 satmad

No OH, fortunately!! Or maybe unfortunately in this case!!

Just worrying about how much they will charge me. I'll give a private installer a call too to compare
    hey i am a installer if your stuck call me and hopefully i can help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Grrrrr.....I've been quoted €77 by Sky :mad:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

satmad wrote: »
    hey i am a installer if your stuck call me and hopefully i can help

Satmad. welcome to boards.ie it looks like you did not read the rules. You cannot Self pimp yourself on these pages.

Advertisement