Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fourth Realm Trilogy.

Options
  • 06-10-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

I read and enjoyed the 1st of the books, 'The Traveler'. I liked the idea of Big Brother meets supernatural goings-on. Plus the lead female character was super. The follow up, 'The Dark River' was pretty awful in comparison.

So here comes the point. Is it worth reading the 3rd and final installment, The Golden City? I really want it to be good and to salvage an initially promising trilogy.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DMG 1972

The third one isn't much better than the second one to be honest and it doesn't really bring much closure to the whole story. I agree with you that the first one was interesting and had great potential but the second & third were disappointing.

If you didn't like the second one I don't think you are going to be too impressed with the third one, without giving away too much in case you do read it its left open at the end for more books to come out in the series in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

DMG 1972 wrote: »
    If you didn't like the second one I don't think you are going to be too impressed with the third one, without giving away too much in case you do read it its left open at the end for more books to come out in the series in the future.

Worst case scenario right there! Cheers for that, I think I'll avoid it and hope someone comes along and makes a half decent film series out of it.

Advertisement