Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cataclysm Price Differences

Options
  • 06-10-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I was planning on buying Cataclysm in Gamestop, figuring they'd do a midnight release like for WotLK, but just checked their price online.

€50!

That's pretty ridiculous. I checked around other places and it ranges from €20 (Amazon) to €35 (Play.com). But €50 is craziness. Anyone know if its that price in-store too or is it an "online special" ?

At this rate I might as well just buy it from the Blizzard online store and wait till 10am on release day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think it was around €22 on Zavvi for the pre-order, prices will be shifting to be more expensive now that a definite release date is out there.

Dunno if you find a cheap pre-order and the price going up causes them to charge you more, hope not.

I would buy it cheap online, the delivery time will be enough to alow the day 1 hysteria to calm down so login in and stability would be better for your first jaunt through nouveau Azeroth.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 turiel

Pretty sure it was €35 in gamestop and other places for WotLK
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I would buy it cheap online, the delivery time will be enough to alow the day 1 hysteria to calm down so login in and stability would be better for your first jaunt through nouveau Azeroth.

You'll never get server firsts with that attitude! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Blizzard online store is like the most expensive way to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I popped into gamestop to pre-order and it was coming up €50 for the normal and €90 for the CE. I'm hoping these were prices set before knowing the release date and they will come down in line with the blizz suggested rp.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I ordered from Amazon over the weekend and paid €17.41 or GBP£18.44 for my Cataclysm pre-order. Shop around and you will always find a good deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I assume like SC2 gamestop will slash price before release, if they don't I'll order of Amazon or play.com or something.

Not paying out over €30 for it

Advertisement