Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWO, What do the sceptics make of it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think it's really just capitalism in motion. There is no hidden agenda, everyone knows where they stand. Mankind is already enslaved.. of course we get shiny new things in return so everyone is happy. This is what happens when Darwinistic ideas are applied to a social and economic level

Anyway, I don't think that any single group of people is interested in full control, though it's not beyond doubt that as they become more intertwined, they'll sweep up more and more control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Similar to what My name is URL said, don't think there's any specific agenda for a one world government, seems to complicated and difficult to keep secret, and you'd always have disagreements between people so I don't think it would work. Looks to me like we are gravitating to having a few large power blocs, similar to the EU, but not a one world government. There would be some benefits to a one world government I think though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Similar to the above two responses. I don't think 'the NWO' is nearly as organised as is suggested by most CTs. They are often assigned almost superhuman capabilities. I also don't see the motivation for a lot of it.

Most theories posit that the NWO stretches back in time. Some say to the last couple of centuries, some say to the classical period, some say to the middle ages, some even say to babylonian times. Then I have to question the motives. Why be such an evil bastard, just so that generations and generations from now, someone would some day rule the world? Makes no sense.

I think that what people mistake for a concerted NWO, is just a group of selfish, self-preserving individuals, who are intent on preserving the luxuries and security in the west. In order to do this they will steal resources from other countries. When you step back and look at the bigger picture. All the recent conflicts have been the same as the ones in the past. They are just trying to secure resources. The current wave of wars are all about energy security. Everything, and I mean everything comes down to energy. You cannot produce food, water, clothing, and all the luxuries without energy. Currently the best forms of energy are oil and gas, and its no surprise that most of Americas wars, and proxy wars in the last few decades have been in areas where this is an element(perhaps with the exception of WWII).

So to achieve a level of continuity of policy, I think there are a number of influential think tanks, like the Bildeberg, trilateral etc. They try to drive policies which continue the objectives of Western nations.

But I think the vast majority is that a lot of powerful people, have common goals, and hence it seems like a collaborate as a result.

But its not an 'us vs them' situation either. We contribute just as much. To a poor African or South Asian, we are elites as well. We waste money on pints, laptops, tvs, cars, etc. while they starve. You can show you righteous indignation against 'The Elite', but you and I are elites too, because we are driven by the exact same selfish, evolutionary desires as our elites. So nothing will change, unless we overcome our desires, and give away what we have, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

TL;DR Version:

Its people driven by greed, seeming to collaborate because they have the same goal.

Its not us and them either. By virtue of the fact that you are on boards.ie, you are a selfish elitest too, as you haven't given up your pampered lifestyle and done anything about it. (myself included)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I agree with most of what has been said.

One other thing I would mention is I've heard phrase 'New World Order' used a number of times by politicians. But my reading of their intent is they mean a better world. Or at least that is what the speech is about, whether or not they follow through or actually mean it is another matter.

Advertisement