Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Speeding Short Film Competition - €3,000 Prize

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

The Road Safety Authority and Setanta Insurance are running a short film competition to help break the culture of speeding. It’s open to 15 to 25 year olds and the winner will receive €3,000 and the opportunity to work with professional film producers to turn the concept into a reality. The winning film will be shown on the RSA website, the Setanta Insurance websites and the Keep Drama Off The Roads website as well as being uploaded to the Keep Drama Off The Roads YouTube profile.
    It’s an excellent opportunity for budding filmmakers so if you know anyone who’s aged 15 to 25 and interested in film production and/or script writing please let them know. Further info can be found on http://www.keepdramaofftheroads.ie. There will also been runner up prizes but I’m afraid I don’t know what they’ll be. It's for a good cause so any support is much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Just a few questions Jim:

- Are you looking for a script or just a step outline from the people who enter the competition?

- What's the budget to get the film made afterwards? People would have to have an idea of where the limitations lie for the story. A €1,000 budget is very different from a €10,000 budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jimpeterson

The answer to the first question is in the terms and conditions:

The outline of the idea for your film should be a minimum of 500 words but should not exceed 1,000 words and may include 2 supporting pages e.g. story board, visual reference

Unfortunately, the terms and conditions don't mention anything about the budget for the film production. I'll drop them an email and see if I can find out. In the mean time here's a link to last years competition winner in case that helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ohyb5_3IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Thank you Jim! One more question; is there a limitation to the amount of entries one person can make?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Its a shame the age limit is set so low at 25. Im 29 and would gladly have entered this otherwise, as Im sure would many other of filmmakers I know of a similar age.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭grifter09

I would have given it a go too. Im 33.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Would you be disqualified if you have penalty points for speeding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 armadadaze

Are the points across the border here too??

The maximum budget for the production is €6000 which includes the hire of the production company to produce this film.

The age limits were set to reflect the same demographic that the short film is targeted at.

You wouldn't get disqualified for having penalty points for speeding.

The terms and conditions don't state whether entrants are limited to one entry so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Entrants can submit more than one entry.

Advertisement