Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

record an ep for FREE in well established studio

Options
  • 06-10-2010 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    We are offering the chance for a couple of bands to record an ep in a well known studio in dublin city center! We are looking for bands with 6 songs to record. One requirement is that the band has a vocalist and drummer(no electric drums kits please). This is a great opportunity to get quite a bit of free time in well equipped studio. If your interested and want more details send a PM or drop an email to free.ep1@gmail.com. Please send on some recordings, contact details and a list of your equipment even down to what plectrum ye use by wens the 13th. Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Kinda curious as to why you're opposed to an e-kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

Reckon it's a sound engineering course. Pulse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

yup, ive heard the students need to find their own bands this year and the real kit rule would fit in with fetac requirments.

good opportunity for a band to gain studio experience and some good mixes do actually come out the far end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

In that case, be sure to gog the **** out of your tracked kit :)

My mate did that course and I'm fairly sure a bunch of the guys on the course got high and cut a rough version of Purple Haze :confused: Is this an effort to demonstrate the challenges in working with an unknown band? If so it's a good idea methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

TelePaul wrote: »
    In that case, be sure to gog the **** out of your tracked kit :)

My mate did that course and I'm fairly sure a bunch of the guys on the course got high and cut a rough version of Purple Haze :confused: Is this an effort to demonstrate the challenges in working with an unknown band? If so it's a good idea methinks.

part of the course for fetac is to produce a song for a hand up. pulse themselves made it six songs. its spaced out over the year (maybe 10 recording sessions) but there's also a lot of preproduction involved aswell.

the guys that did purple haze were probably doing another part of the course which requires you to recreate a well known track.

as for gogging the kit, well it just depends on what kit the band had. the band i worked with had a stunning kit that sounded great on its own merit so i did a little reinforcement just to keep the power behind it but nothing was "replaced" so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

bedbugs wrote: »
    Reckon it's a sound engineering course. Pulse?

Is this something like getting your haircut by a student hairdresser?

Hey - a free trip to a recording studio is nothing to sneer at.

Advertisement