Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preliminary Tax Online - ROS & PRSI

Options
  • 06-10-2010 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

This year is my first year in self employment, and as Ive only been going a month my net tax due, after the single person tax credit is NIL. So I go to file a declaration online as NIL, thinking the system would then assess me for the €253 class S social insurance due for me, but it didnt.

Instead of putting NIL should I have put the €253 due? Or will they automatically assess me for my social insurance at a later date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

muineachan wrote: »
    This year is my first year in self employment, and as Ive only been going a month my net tax due, after the single person tax credit is NIL. So I go to file a declaration online as NIL, thinking the system would then assess me for the €253 class S social insurance due for me, but it didnt.

Instead of putting NIL should I have put the €253 due? Or will they automatically assess me for my social insurance at a later date?

Did you only register as self employed within the last few months?
    If so, you don't need to file a tax return for 2010 until Oct 2011.
    In 2011 you will file based on your full income from 2010, and pay what is due, while also paying preliminary tax on 2011 (it is either 100% of your total tax owed in 2010, or 90% of this total from 2011).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭muineachan

Oh right that's great. Yes I only registered last month as self employed. Thanks for the info

Advertisement