Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital LNB on an analogue dish

Options
  • 06-10-2010 11:28am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, firstly I don't know much about satellite dishes so apologies if this is a stupid question but I'd really appreciate some advice.
    I have an analogue dish and reciever which I bought in Lidl a few years ago. I've since bought a digital reciever from Xtravision and I'm wondering will the existing dish be compatable with the new reciever. Or could I just replace the LNB?
    In other words are digital dishes and LNB's different from analogue ones?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,526 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

For dishes, LNB's and aerials it doesn't matter if the transmission is digital or analogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If it's a universal LNB, it just work. If it's a Standard LNB then you will be missing some channels. All lidl LNBs I ever saw sold were the "Universal" Kind (i.e. Standard and Telecom bands in one LNB, nothing to do with Analogue and Digital).

It's 99.999% likely it's a Universal LNB, so OK.

You need to also make sure the Dish is aligned to the correct satellite.

As "The Cush" points out there is no such thing as "Digital" Dishes, Aerials, Mast amplifiers or LNBs.

Just Digital or Analogue Receivers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Super stuff. Thanks for the help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement