Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best webtext app?

Options
  • 06-10-2010 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

Is cabbage still the best or are there newer alternatives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I think Textdroid is the best for me, I can send the texts using the phone contacts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

angel01 wrote: »
    I think Textdroid is the best for me, I can send the texts using the phone contacts :)
    Cabbage uses phone contacts too...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I've used cabbage for years now on different phones and imo it's still the best.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Cabbage uses phone contacts too...

Well I could never seem to add a contact so I binned it. Textdroid works really well with sms pop up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

k2 imo, so simple

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i'm a cabbage fan too. on my htc desire i have no issues getting phone contacts. i've heard of issues with the samsung galaxy s though.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Big fan of cabbage too, it has saved me loads of creidt.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Do any of these apps create conversations correctly in the stock SMS app?

Cabbage seems to have an issue of creating a new conversation or thread when texting a contact instead of adding it to an existing thread. Then the received text is added to the old thread and all the texts sent with cabbage end up in a thread of their own.

This is the only fault I have with Cabbage, it's great at everything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

M450 wrote: »

Cabbage seems to have an issue of creating a new conversation or thread when texting a contact instead of adding it to an existing thread. Then the received text is added to the old thread and all the texts sent with cabbage end up in a thread of their own.

Odd to hear that, it always adds them to an existing thread for me. Do you by any chance have separate cabbage contacts or multiple instances of the same contact?
    angel01 wrote: »
    Well I could never seem to add a contact so I binned it. Textdroid works really well with sms pop up :)
    Not sure if it matters where your contacts are saved to for cabbage to see them but it always worked with my contacts which are saved to phone memory.

Sherifu wrote: »
    Odd to hear that, it always adds them to an existing thread for me. Do you by any chance have separate cabbage contacts or multiple instances of the same contact?

Not sure if it matters where your contacts are saved to for cabbage to see them but it always worked with my contacts which are saved to phone memory.

I have a Galaxy S and it doesn't work for me, anyhow textdroid works perfectly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

M450 wrote: »

This only happens for me when texting my brother in england. we both use cabbage so i reply to his english number using it and he replies from english phone using cabbage so shows up as his irish number. this is the only time i have a split thread for the same contact (but different numbers). so check you have not used different numbers or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

nah there's no issue with my contacts. I've them all neatly synced with Google.

I saw a lot of other people were mentioning the same issue on the Cabbage thread on Boards so just assumed it was like that for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cabbage would not search for numbers on my LG Optimus.

It seems Textdroid has been taken off the market so i installed K2.

Does anyone have the Textdroid file that they could share?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

akamossie wrote: »

Thanks for your reply akamossie.

I had been on that site and no joy.

I was looking for the .apk

download barcode scanner, and scan the logo, it will direct you to the market and thenyou can download it, just test it myself now

akamossie wrote: »
    download barcode scanner, and scan the logo, it will direct you to the market and thenyou can download it, just test it myself now

When i browse the market it does not find it.

By scanning it gives the same result.

You are saying it is on the market for you?

I can ya, I have HTC desire unrooted 2.2

Damn, very strange.

It says " No matches in Andoid market for me ".

I wonder what could be the problem:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

is there a similar app for the x10 mini?
    cabbage and textdroid wount show on the market

• Advertisement

I am using K2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I am using K2 now

on the x10 mini?
    i searched for it and got Phang k2 technology

ldr wrote: »
    on the x10 mini?
    i searched for it and got Phang k2 technology

I am using the LG Optimus.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/k2-irish-web-texter/org.xeustechnologies.android.k2.ui

I am new to the world of Android, but i thought these type of apps would at least install on all phones.

I mean Cabbage will not search for numbers on my phone so that is out.

For some reason i cannot find Textdroid on the Market, but could do last week so that is out.

So i am left with K2.

It works so that is the main thing.

Does anyone have Textdroid backed up to Dropbox by any chance?

So, anybody who can post up the .apk of Textdroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Daith

Couldnt find Textdroid either but Cabbage works brilliantly for me. Searches phone contacts and adds a thread to the sms conversation. Brill.

Thanks for hooking me up with Textdroid everyone :rolleyes:

I got a mate to do it for me.

If anyone is in the same boat as me and cannot for whatever reason locate Textdroid on the market i can mail it to you or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

K2 Web texter has stopped working for me after updating, now it says it cannot login/verify my account, anybody have any idea how to fix this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Another +1 for Cabbage.

Advertisement