Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Parking?

Options
  • 06-10-2010 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Any one know where you can get free parking near to the campus?

I find that the Pres Sports grounds are full at 8 am every morning, and I don't like spending €15-16 to park in the college car parks just for a day:mad:!

I know that there are Park and Rides of some sort but where do they leave from and what time would you have to be there to get in as I heard they fill up very quickly as well!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

The Pouladuff park and ride is your best bet.

If you are at the bottom of forge hill, go voer the bridge crossing the south link, through the first roundabout, and its your first left there. If its full, you can park in the housing estate across the road. The buses are pretty regular, but arrive early in the morning, because you might get a parking space, but you might not get a space on the first bus, depending on how busy it is. Google UCC park and ride for the timetable.

You can also park in the blackash park and ride and get collected by the UCC bus, but the timetable isnt as frequent, and nothing before 9. Easier to get parking though, just make sure the bus driver stamps your ticket.

The Dennehys cross park and ride fills up realllly early, and is a nightmare to get out form if you are leaving between 4 and 6, imo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

There is a few sneaky un-disked spots very close to UCC but these are well kept secrets and you'd also want to be there for them quite early in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

^oh really? Do tell! I'd love to park their when im heading to gym! Wouldnt have to move my car afterwards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

^oh really? Do tell! I'd love to park their when im heading to gym! Wouldnt have to move my car afterwards :)

Why dont park in Pouladuff for the day. Go get your car when you are finished college and park in the mardyke grounds. 3 Hours free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Cheers lads, now must try and find the P&R in Pouladuff some day, last time I tried to find it I ended up by Fivemilebridge:eek::D!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

It easy to find. I f you know HarTlands Avenue it is easy to find it. If you are coming from UCC got through H Av. That takes you up to the Lough. Take a right at the next main lights followed by left at the next lights followed by a right. The car park is just on your right then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Anyone know if parking in Áras na Laoi is free at the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

It is! Well I parked there on a Saturday a few weeks ago and paid nothing. It seems to be closed on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Cheers lads, now must try and find the P&R in Pouladuff some day, last time I tried to find it I ended up by Fivemilebridge:eek::D!
    Jesus, talk about lost like. Look it up on google maps or just follow the bus out to it some time.
    You can paark in blackash park and ride as well, but the first bus to college doesnt go there til 10:25. Still, handy out if you're not in til 11 or after.
    There are a few places around where you can park for free alright, Only know one or two myself and I've never been in early enough to bother tryin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Jesus, talk about lost like. Look it up on google maps or just follow the bus out to it some time.
    You can paark in blackash park and ride as well, but the first bus to college doesnt go there til 10:25. Still, handy out if you're not in til 11 or after.
    There are a few places around where you can park for free alright, Only know one or two myself and I've never been in early enough to bother tryin them.

First bus from Black ash leaves at 9.05, full timetable - http://www.ucc.ie/en/build/commuting/parkandride/Timetable/2010-Term-printed-Timetable-2010-09-20.pdf

And google maps link to Pouladuff http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Pouladuff+park+and+ride,+Cork,+Ireland&sll=51.877259,-8.481488&sspn=0.005961,0.021136&ie=UTF8&hq=Pouladuff+park+and+ride,&hnear=Cork,+County+Corcaigh,+Ireland&ll=51.876968,-8.484428&spn=0.002815,0.010568&z=17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Well I've long since found it, it's brilliant, I wish I had found this years ago!

Thanks for everyone's help.

Advertisement