Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+HD Network

Options
  • 06-10-2010 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I woke up this morning to see my Sky+HD box has had a software update. It has activated the network port. I've it hooked up to my network and its getting an ip address. Its currently not recieveing a Sky service.

Has anyone got any idea what services it'll host?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Sky Anytime+

As far as I remember, it will be available to Sky broadband customers only initially (which means UK only).

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

Typical. Just another service we're paying for that we can't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

how did you know you got an update? do you check the versions dalily to see if something happened? or is there something visiblly differant, becasue i cant see anything differant?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

I just have no life and I keep an eye on useless things like this.

Haha. Nah I'm only joking. There was a message on the screen when I turned it on informing me of a new software update and advising me to look at my setting page. I then just spotted the network option that hadn't been there before.

I know the menus very well as I work for a major retailer which sells sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

To be fair to sky they are rolling it out to their own Sky broadband customers first to iron out any problems as people would be complaining if it wasnt rite.

Of more interest is the news that Sky will not be opening up their boxes to some open source software...which means any1 can create stuff that potentially could be used..on their boxes..

• Advertisement
Advertisement