Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is rent falling in limerick

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

is rent falling in shared houses in limerick?Should i offer less the the asking price for a room?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

tommy26 wrote: »
    is rent falling in shared houses in limerick?Should i offer less the the asking price for a room?

I would be of the school that you should always offer less for a room and let the person you're renting off justify the price to you.

I don't believe the rent is falling, then again, i've lived in the apartment i'm in for the last year and a bit, and just bought a house so haven't looked to get rent reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

u would think the prices would be coming down the way things are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

tommy26 wrote: »
    u would think the prices would be coming down the way things are now.

As long as the government paying rent allowance rent won't drop much, maybe after the next budget.

I do notice a lot of apartments in limerick now are 6th month free.

Most of the decent rooms in limerick seem to go quick on daft, then others are there for months.

Always offer less, all they can say is no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

As long as the government paying rent allowance rent won't drop much, maybe after the next budget.
    I agree, the rent allowance is now defining the going rate rather than following it. T'is a handy oul way to support all the investors/speculators/builders/auctioneers/guards/etc who bought a few houses during the boom, in factaa ;)

If you are average-working-Joe-PAYE then you are paying rent twice in Limerick - once for yourself, and once for your neighbour.

Advertisement