Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning permission

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if this "concealed" planning notice for a substantial development can be considered to be incorrectly displayed and therefore grounds for the application to be dismissed?

Image097.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Skulduggery

Hi David.

I use to work for an arcitectural company and if we erected a site notice that was as inconspicuous as that, the council wouldn't accept it. Its suppose to be an obvious location so as someone walking or even driving past can see it. I'm not sure if its your photogaph but initally when I saw it it was hard to even see the notice, it looks like a piece of paper on the ground!

Cant see it flying with the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from Carlow forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

In my opinion the planning official should declare the application invalid as the site notice is not clearly displayed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sinnerboy wrote: »
    In my opinion the planning official should declare the application invalid as the site notice is not clearly displayed

Would have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Would have to agree.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

super-rush wrote: »
    Moved from Carlow forum.

Thanks, I was unsure as to where to post the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

As of today, that is exactly what happened. We will just have to keep a close eye open to see if another application will issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

David09 wrote: »
    Just wondering if this "concealed" planning notice for a substantial development can be considered to be incorrectly displayed and therefore grounds for the application to be dismissed?

Image097.jpg

Yes I reckon so. I'm just in the process of applying for planning at the moment and nearly there. I was told that the notice needs to be visible by someone driving past on the public road and that they can pull in and read it without getting out of the car. Sounds bizarre but that is what I was told!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,762 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

David09 wrote: »

...yes, it's not properly displayed, and so contravenes the application process. However, that's a long way short of a valid objection, let alone grounds for an objection to the development to succeed.........a new application can be lodged in the morning.......

...is there more to this story than the pic, I wonder..........??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

radar0976 wrote: »
    Yes I reckon so. I'm just in the process of applying for planning at the moment and nearly there. I was told that the notice needs to be visible by someone driving past on the public road and that they can pull in and read it without getting out of the car. Sounds bizarre but that is what I was told!
    That's not quite true, it may be a rule of thumb for some LAs, but the BASIC requirements are just that its on an A4 page at the boundary. Often roads aren't close enough to site to read, but it should be in a place where people walking by can read it, this may mean a notice that is outside the boundary.
    galwaytt wrote: »
    ...yes, it's not properly displayed, and so contravenes the application process. However, that's a long way short of a valid objection, let alone grounds for an objection to the development to succeed.........a new application can be lodged in the morning.......
    I was thinking this myself. THe OP appeared a little vextitious.
    Basically, if the PP in the OP had yet to be validated, then there was still plenty of time for an objection, make neighbours aware etc.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

has the 5 week period expired yet?

the council come out and inspect the notice themselves... they will deem whether the site notice is valid or not.

personally i would not include this in an objection because it is a validation issues, not a planning issue. In objections, deal specifically with planning issues as arise in CDPs, LAPs etc... not in the P+D act

Advertisement