Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time Bono campaigned for Irelands debt?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭
    M

Irelands defecit level now exceeds even that of Ethiopia, is it time Bono started campaigning to have our debts cancelled?
    Ireland's Finance Minister, Brian Lenihan, revealed details of a second round of capital support for some of its banks last week and outlined a final, higher than expected, cost of bailing-out its banking system. Ireland is now headed for a deficit of 32 per cent of its GDP, he said.

This staggering shortfall in the public finances is 10 times higher than the cap set by the European Union as an acceptable deficit level. It positively dwarfs even that of Ethiopia, one of the poorest countries in the world, which expects its deficit to be just 3.2 per cent of GDP this year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/ireland-takes-a-gamble-on-cutting-its-deficit-2096076.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Seriously, when I do this bad in Rome Total War's Economy I just start a new game...can we do that here?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is it time Ireland campaigned for Bono's death?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I dont know who would take pity on a nation of greedy incompetents tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

we need a live aid for ireland at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

"Hi I'm Bono and I'd like to tell you about a country of people who let idiots run their country for decades. These idiots colluded with greedy developers and bankers who were committing fraud on a daily basis and together they managed to pack up their economy, put it aboard a steam train of hope and drive that train off a cliff where it hurtled forward for a few moments until, like Wiley Coyote, it realised that it was never going to win a fight with gravity and plummeted downwards where it now resides, a smoking wreckage of what it once was.

If you can spare 5 euro you can help these poor unfortunates.

And remember folks..... HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

I'm Bono.

Goodnight."

It could work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Self Aid 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Bill Gate's is very generous
    Bono should strive to copy this nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Bono should stick to singing and annoying degsy.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Or instead of campaigning maybe he should just stop using the Netherlands as a tax break and pay taxes here??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

AnonoBoy wrote: »

And remember folks..... HELLO! HELLO! HELLO! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

I'm Bono.

Goodnight."

It could work.

was there a south park version of James Hetfield per chance??

should read like..... YEH-EYEHEEEAH, D'OHUO-WO-HOAH!! .. OOOOH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Paying his taxes would be a start. Smug pr**k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Bono's number 2

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Don't think we are ready for another Bono bashing thread.

Maybe try next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement