Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doors/Skirt/Arcatrave

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello All, I am wondering if anyone can help point me in the right direction and am wondering if there are any deals going on at the minute. I am moving house and I wanted to get;

5 - 78x30 Doors
    2 - 78x28 Doors
    1 - 78x24 Doors

8 Handles and Locks
    24 Hinges

3 - 5 1/2 Door Frames
    5 - 4 1/4 Door Frames

17 Lengths of Arcitrave
    220Ft of Skirting

I would really appreciate any help you may be able to give. Im not awfully fussy as I really cant afford to be but would love to get something nice. Im also very unsure as to what type of door (prefinished, prehung) and what all this means. Thanks so much for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Hi reme, having a look myself at the moment and the best I have come accross is chadwickes (not sure if i'm allowed mention businesses, apologies if i'm not)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I can give you some ballpark figures:

Doors: €100 each for a solid veneer door.
    Handles: €20 for a set of decent handles.
    Hinges: €5 for a pair of ball race hinges

Architrave and skirting ~ €5 a metre for red deal around 120mm high Moulded.

Not sure about door frames but I'm sure that €15 a doorframe would cover red deal ones.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reme2010

Thank you both very much for your replies, I will get onto both! Many thanks again.:)

Advertisement