Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-fi in the Quadrangle reading room..........

Options
  • 05-10-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I went in there today and was using my laptop. I connected to the Public Wi-fi connection thing, but it said it wasn't connected to a network or something and I couldn't use the internet.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Was the connection called exactly Public Wi-Fi?
    That showed up on my available networks earlier, its not connected to UCC to the best of my knowledge.

Stupid question maybe, but you know you have to register your computer in the boole labs yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Was the connection called exactly Public Wi-Fi?
    That showed up on my available networks earlier, its not connected to UCC to the best of my knowledge.

Stupid question maybe, but you know you have to register your computer in the boole labs yes?

Not a stupid question:pac: I did not feckin know that:o Thanks. And yeah, the connection was called public Wi-Fi.

Ah, that'll do it then :P

Go down to the boole basement in, past the main labs, to the back labs, and they will sort you out in there.

There are a few things you have to do yourself beforehand though. Go onto sit.ucc.ie and click the wireless tab on the left, and do whatever it prompts you to do. Then bring your laptop to the lab and they will sort you out from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Thanks for your help.

No problemo :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement