Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batt O'Keefe protest

Options
  • 05-10-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

That was some craic wasn't it? He went flying out the gates because of us! Are many going to the march on November 3d?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

What was this? I missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

The_B_Man wrote: »
    What was this? I missed it!

The SU Organised a protest outside the synergy centre against Minister Batt O'Keefe. There was a decent turnout and Mr O'Keefe sped out of Tallaght as fast as he could once his photo was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

I-Shot-Jr wrote: »
    The SU Organised a protest outside the synergy centre against Minister Batt O'Keefe. There was a decent turnout and Mr O'Keefe sped out of Tallaght as fast as he could once his photo was taken.

I chose worst day to get wisdom tooth pulled :P

I chose worst day to get wisdom tooth pulled :P

You sure did, but there is a big massive protest organised for November 3d in the city centre with all the colleges attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

I-Shot-Jr wrote: »
    You sure did, but there is a big massive protest organised for November 3d in the city centre with all the colleges attending.

Assuming I dont have any labs or tutorials i will be there

• Advertisement

Assuming I dont have any labs or tutorials i will be there

Good call. As far as I know they are organising a bus to and from. I may have just made that up though. But I think there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Why exactly were ye protesting - recession, education cuts, university status, Fine Fáil?

Nolanger wrote: »
    Why exactly were ye protesting - recession, education cuts, university status, Fine Fáil?

Pretty much all of the above except for university status as well as his proposals to bring in fees for third level. I think it was a general demonstration of discontent from students. Im not sure how many were there "for the craic" but maybe it will show our government that we are not pleased and intend to make our voices heard at the next elections!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Fair play to you guys. I see too much footage on TV of him and people shaking their hands and acting as if they're royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Nolanger wrote: »

there is no such political party as fine fail.
    if you mean fianna fail then everyone should be protesting against them, not just students.
    or just dont vote for them in the next election, not even a 2nd, 3rd, or any other choice........

• Advertisement
Advertisement