Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox/Sky Plus Help

Options
  • 05-10-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Just ordered a dreambox 600 S pvr.

I don't have access to the roof at the moment (no ladder :() and I want to keep sky plus box (for the moment)

I see there is an LBM in and an LNB out on the dreambox. Was wondering could I take out one of the sat feeds from the sky plus box - plug it into the dreambox and run coax from dreambox out port back to sky plus box?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

No. You need a cable run from the dish to the new receiver for it to work correctly.

Your Sky+ box will work with a single feed if you don't mind losing some functionality temporarily (record two things at the same time etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

JDxtra wrote: »
    No. You need a cable run from the dish to the new receiver for it to work correctly.

Your Sky+ box will work with a single feed if you don't mind losing some functionality temporarily (record two things at the same time etc).

Thanks
    But the new receiverwill have a feed directly into it - the sky plus box will be the one 'daisychained' (with one of the two feeds)?

Same applies. It will not work. You can't chain, or split, satellite feeds.

I think the purpose of the "LNB out" is to save swapping cables when you have multiple receivers. If the Dreambox is powered off the Sky plus box should function. Otherwise, they will compete for control of LNB (i.e. it gets messy!).

Advertisement