Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Irish classes anywhere in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hi, excuse my use of English.

I'm looking for free Irish classes. I want to get more proficient in it. I'm not able to afford the classes I've seen advertised. Is there somewhere in Dublin that I'd get free classes?

Go 'aibh maith agat!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

alan85 wrote: »
    Hi, excuse my use of English.

I'm looking for free Irish classes. I want to get more proficient in it. I'm not able to afford the classes I've seen advertised. Is there somewhere in Dublin that I'd get free classes?

Go 'aibh maith agat!

Free classes Im not so sure about, A student on an Irish course in UNI might give you cheap grinds, I think the best bet for you(thats free) would be a Ciorcal Comhrá(conversation group) There should be a few around Dublin, they can really help with your spoken Irish,

Naisc

Get in touch with Conradh na gaeilge aswell, They should be able to help you out.

Go n-eirí leat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭I dont know

Up North, most of the GAA clubs run free language classes. Ours are all starting soon. It might be worth checking with the Dublin County Board or your local club to see if they do similar classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Pop into Conradh na Gaeilge. They'll put you in the right direction. I'd recommend that you go along with a conversational group as well a taking classes if you really want to learn spoken Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Thats them.

Conradh na Gaeilge
    Address: 6 Harcourt Street
    Dublin 2
    Tel: (01) 475 7401
    Fax:01 4757844
    Email: eolas@cnag.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

I think some of the Dublin public libraries provide free Irish classes. Phone/email them to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

DIT run free classes for staff and students. Anyone can pop along as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

DIT run free classes for staff and students. Anyone can pop along as far as I can see.
    Do you know times and location? My bro is in DIT and I could pass for him! lol...

Go 'aibh maith agaibh as an t-eolas!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Free Irish and other subjects here and then paying classes too.

http://www.examvillage.com/home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Complete Beginners Kevin St. Wednesday 1 - 2pm
    Bunrang Aungier St. Thursday 1-2p.m
    Bunrang Bolton St.Thursday 1 - 2p.m
    Bunrang Mountjoy Sq. Wednesday 1 - 2p.m
    Ardrang Aungier St. Wednesday 5.30 - 7pm

• Advertisement
Advertisement