Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverstar Mountain Resort

Options
  • 05-10-2010 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Do any of ye know anything about this place: http://www.skisilverstar.com/

Think I'm heading there in November so just wondering if anyoe has any info???

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭prunudo

Hi Grainne, havent been myself but i've noticed one of the members on www.goneboarding.co.uk is called silverstar and based in Canada. Not sure if they are part of the tourist board or just living out there. They always seem to be raving about the place.
    Hope that helps with your plans:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Grainne have been to the sister resort of Big White and it is amazing. Really nice Powder so deep you need a Snorkel and great Grooming on the piste.

From what I know both resorts are family focused and Silverstar is almost Identical to Big White but on a slightly smaller scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Thats great, thanks Fattes, hoping can get accommodation sorted then I'll head off up there for few months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psydereyes

A lad i know has been going there to work for the past three seasons and he always has great things to say about it!

You off to ski bum for the season or work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Grainne101

Hey Psydereyes

I'm going to work hopefully, got offered a job waitressing in the resort, just waiting to find out if can get accommodation out there....fingers crossed...

Really looking forward to it but never skiied/snowboarded before and flying solo so will be all new experiences!!

That's great to hear that someone whose working there is loving it!! Thanks a mil :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

PG 146 of Ski and Snowbard magazine November 2010 available in Easons now should be of intrest to you.

Advertisement