Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets for Cerys Matthews and Afro Celt Sound System - ESB live @ NCH

Options
  • 05-10-2010 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

ESB Live is a series of five concerts held at the National Concert Hall. ESB has enjoyed a long relationship with the NCH and is proud to support this series of concerts which showcases a wide variety of talent from the performing arts arena.

We have a nice prize of a set of tickets to both Cerys Matthews on Saturday 23rd October and Afro Celt Sound System on Sunday 21st November up for grabs.

To be in with a chance to win, just leave a music-related comment below (interpret that how you will!)...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SirJolt

Maybe more language than music-related, but saw an excellent Cerys Matthews performance of a traditional Welsh song called Calon Lan the other day.

It's enough to make me want to look for more Irish-language singers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

The Afro Celts have always provided highly charged one would almost say electric performances just like the ESB

Cheesy ... hell yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

watt's this all about? On a scale of musical efforts it is great to see you guys hitting the right note with this one

(sorry, was all I could do :))

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Ah ESB, your competitions in the past have always struck a chord with me... This being no different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

It's nice to see Cerys Matthews has gone solo after her time with rock band Catatonia.

If you can't find anyone to sing with you have to duet yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Always nice to see ESB and Boards duetting on this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I would love to go because Cerys Matthews looks really fantastic but the Afro Celt Sound System well they've let their figures go a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

Cerys has an amazing voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neadycodd

Music-related comment!

Would love tickets for Cerys though!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

National Concert Hall what a place to go and see these two musical act or indeed any music . Just class ESB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

seen afrocelt sound system at ep this year, great gig. would love to see them @ NCH

Whens the winner being announced ESB David?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭diarmuidh

Only the best of tradition mixed with the new for the ESB & the National Concert Hall with the Afro Celts and Cerys Matthews..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

foolelle wrote: »
    Whens the winner being announced ESB David?

Hi foolelle,

Good question, and something I consistently neglect to mention when a competition is being posted for the public!

It's open for a week, so we'll announce the winner next Tuesday, 12th Oct.

Good luck to all, and forgive my absent-mindedness! :)

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

I hope the Afro Celt Sound System does not drain any of the ESB power stations during the performance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I love the Nolan Sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Maybe they should join up to become the Afro Cerys Sound System for one night.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cycleofusa2010

Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod!

That's Welsh for "My hovercraft is full of eels!". Eels love music. Eels also love Afro Celt Sound System.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Long before the days of Facebook, I was the only person I knew with a complete Afro Celt CD collection. I've since discovered via Facebook that two of my classmates were secret fans also. Can't blame them for wanting to keep the band to themselves!

Anyway, this should be an outstanding gig in the perfect venue for them. Hope I'm there!!

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Afro Celt Sound System - Yes Please

This is my effort, it has to be sung to the tune of the chorus from Cotton Eye Joe...

If it hadn't been for the ESB,
    I wouldn't have gotten to go and see,
    Afro Celt Sound System in this country,
    Fair feckin' play to the ESB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 themagicmunkey

Cerys Matthews' duet with Tom Jones for 'Its cold outside' sends shivers down my back - its wonderfully performed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Thanks to all those who posted so far!

Just a reminder that the competition will close today, Tuesday October 12th at 5pm... so if you're not in you can't win :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I was at the Afro Celts' first concert in Spain over 10 years ago. They are amazing in concert!

Thanks to everyone who entered the competion.

As usual, we went to Random.org and entered the amount of comments we had - and the result was 10

esb live draw.bmp

Congratulations to Meolwan who was the 10th person to post a comment.
    National Concert Hall what a place to go and see these two musical act or indeed any music . Just class ESB

I'll be in touch with you shortly Meolwan about your tickets. For all those who didn't win this time, thanks for your entry and check back soon for more competitons at www.boards.ie/esb

Many thanks
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'll be in touch with you shortly Meolwan about your tickets. For all those who didn't win this time, thanks for your entry and check back soon for more competitons at www.esb.ie/boards.

Chris - that link is throwing a 404 ..

Thanks Blacknight:o. I meant to type www.boards.ie/esb.

Advertisement