Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did part of Derry get blown up last night because of McGuinness & Cameron chat today

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Did part of Derry get blown up last night because of McGuinness & Cameron chat today

Martin McGuinness addresses the English conservative conference today:eek:

now I enjoy that much more than the naked pleasure and excitement I observed among the security staff of UCC in the '80s on the day he and his pals blew up and killed more than one of them in Brighton at an earlier conservative party conference

nil an la ag teacht,
    ta an la anseo a cairde Gael;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Times have moved on. The political landscape has changed. I should hope McGuinness and Cameron are at least able to share views. If Cameron wishes to allow McGuiness to share his views on a Tory platform, then that shows that the party is maturing. It was only 2 or 3 years ago when Sinn Féin had an orangeman on the stage of their Ard Fheis in his father's sash, indicative of the same maturing.

If we don't have political dialogue, what do we have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I hope he takes the opportunity to apologise for previous atrocities committed on behalf of 'cairde gael' (whatever thats meant to be ?).

Great act of humility by CP to invite the ex-IRA member to address party conference. Still on the positive side, it has to be seen as huge progress, let's hope he doesn't disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i've a feeling they'll search him on the way in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Part of Derry got blown up last night because a group of populist thuggish criminals with no regard for human life have decided that they should attack the bankers in order to get popular support for their criminal activities. So they decided to exact revenge on behalf of the people of ireland by jeopardising the lives of some cashiers and customer advisors - brilliant!

Unfortunately for them they were too stupid to realise that their target - Ulster Bank is in fact bailed out in entirelty by the UK government. Words cannot adequately express how retarded these people are - I hope they kill themselves soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Title fail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

I hope he takes the opportunity to apologise for previous atrocities committed on behalf of 'cairde gael' (whatever thats meant to be ?).

Great act of humility by CP to invite the ex-IRA member to address party conference. Still on the positive side, it has to be seen as huge progress, let's hope he doesn't disappoint.

Should he ask for an apology for 800 years of rape, torture, murder by the British forces etc .... or should everyone just get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Should he ask for an apology for 800 years of rape, torture, murder by the British forces etc .... or should everyone just get on with it

Well the IRA didn't spend 800 years doing all that stuff - so I guess he doesn't need to apologise for all those years.

Everyone should just get on with it - everyone ... everyone ... everyone.

P.S. did you get that "everyone" word there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

i've a feeling they'll search him on the way in

for a guy who rarely makes me smile
    that made me laugh

McGuinness calls these 15 or 18 people
    'conflict junkies' on rte today
    in Cork they say
    'leave that lad in a room by himself and he will fight with his own toenails...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

sunny flowers (sonnenblumen)
    that means my Irish friends
    sorry if you felt the 'auslander' shiver just there mien freund :rolleyes:
    (but Germans need to feel it now and then to stop them rolling over the border:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Part of Derry got blown up last night because a group of populist thuggish criminals with no regard for human life have decided that they should attack the bankers in order to get popular support for their criminal activities. So they decided to exact revenge on behalf of the people of ireland by jeopardising the lives of some cashiers and customer advisors - brilliant!

Unfortunately for them they were too stupid to realise that their target - Ulster Bank is in fact bailed out in entirelty by the UK government. Words cannot adequately express how retarded these people are - I hope they kill themselves soon.

They phoned in an hour before the bomb went off so the area was evacuated by then. They could have easily not said anything and allowed a lot of people to die.

Of course i'm not condoining, i'm actually oppossed to their actions last night. At a time when Northern Ireland is undergoing good relations and powersharing, it is terrible that some people would try to ruin that. But not unforseeable either, obviously there are still hardline Republicans out there who still want an armed revolt and continue their activites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Should he ask for an apology for 800 years of rape, torture, murder by the British forces

You forgot fatalities directly attributed to recklessly-driven Crossley Tenders too.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

The fact that Cameron apologised for the actions of British soldiers on bloody Sunday should have been enough to deter this kind of incident, but you cannot change the mindset of thugs. Nobody is happy with this behaviour and despite what the press said, the right minded people in N.I. do not support this. I hope these men are brought to justice.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    They phoned in an hour before the bomb went off so the area was evacuated by then. They could have easily not said anything and allowed a lot of people to die.

Of course i'm not condoining, i'm actually oppossed to their actions last night. At a time when Northern Ireland is undergoing good relations and powersharing, it is terrible that some people would try to ruin that. But not unforseeable either, obviously there are still hardline Republicans out there who still want an armed revolt and continue their activites.

I see where you are coming from and I'm glad that you are opposed to such actions. That said, I still maintain that these people have no regard for human life, as they will kill people when they feel it is right to do so and they will do it with no remorse. On top of that, phoning in a warning is just a cop out - people may not be evactuated in time - if you don't want to kill people, don't plant bombs - it's a very simple concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Well Dublin is over 2000 years old, and rape, torture and murder is still taking place, not by British forces but mostly by cairde gael. So should we start a queue for apologists or should Ireland take responsive action for it's own failings?

Advertisement