Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity pole depot on N24 at Ballysimon - can I get in?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Apologies for the strange heading - didn't really know what else to write.

It's like this, I'm a student at LSAD and am working on a project on the urban environment. My chosen subject is the electricty poles that carry the power lines across Limerick and on my journey into Limerick I've noticed this depot (for want of a better word) on the left hand side just before the Ballysimon interchange that seems to store the poles and other paraphernalia.

I would love to be able to get in for 15 minutes or so and just take some photos as I've plenty of the poles themselves but no background material like this. I know there might be insurance implications or site regulations and the like but I'm really hoping it would be possible.

Does anybody on the Boards work there and could let me know? Or could anybody direct me as to who to contact? Would it be the ESB or is it a separate company that erects the poles for the electricity lines? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭phog

Call to ESB Networks in Rosbrien, upr end of Edward Street, Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Thanks Phog - will try as you suggest and hope that does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

And the place is called Killonan as far as I know ;)

Advertisement