Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a band to record, can offer 3 days free studio time

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I am a student in one of Dublin Sound Engineering colleges, I and my project team are looking for a band that is willing to record a single. This is our final year in the college and this project is a part of our year assessment. To the band that we will choose we can offer three-days recording session at no costs whatsoever in a renowned Dublin studio (to be disclosed later). The session will be supervised by a full time record producer and me and my team will record, engineer, mix and master the material to the current pop/rock/radio record release standards. As the access to the studio for the winning band is free (our college fees pay for it) and all studio time is a sort of prize for the band, we now feel we can reserve rights to have few requirements:
    - The band is well rehearsed and has a demo recorded (well, if you don’t, tell me where we can hear you playing live),
    - The band has fairly original material to record (no tribute acts, wedding bards etc.)
    - Ideally the band is between 3-6 members ,
    - The band is reliable and commited (i.e. doesn’t waste precious studio time, respects other people time and views),

Any questions, just ask. This is genuine offer and I am ready to be as forthcomming as possible.
    Interested? Please send me your 3 song demo in MP3 (not less than 320 kbit/s please), WAV or AIFF formats or alternatively a link to your Myspace, Facebook etc. site. The deadline for sending your show reel is 23rd October 2010. We will audition all materials within a week or two and will then contact the bands. Recording days will be Saturdays from 9 a.m. till circa 8 p.m.: 30 Nov, 4-Dec and 11-Dec.

Thanks and have a nice day.
    Thomas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cordragza

youtube.com/murrc2

we are looking to record, this would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cvk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Could i put forward one of the acts i work with

www.myspace.com/markconwaymusic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tomkatt702

To all who sent me PM and links.
    Thanks a million for your interst. I am gradually going through your material and will reply to each of you on PM.
    Thanks and keep up the good work.
    Thomas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Message sent

*tooooot toooooot*

That was my invisible saxophone. I can't afford a real one.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭auti

PM Sent icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

pm sentototo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Fluddles

www.myspace.com/9thlifemetal

Can't hurt to show you what we've got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tomkatt702

Just to let everybody know that last Saturday the decision was finally reached. All bands (their music I mean) represent very high level of originality and musicality and decision was not straightforward, and that is why it took longer than we thought.
    I would like to thank everybody for their interest in participation in this exciting project, it was a pleasure for us to receive such immense response and I thank you all for the opportunity to listen so much of brand new music.
    I sincerely hope all of your music will secure some space in music lovers’ hearts, (if not done yet so) and most importantly - it will secure a space on radio charts.

To each and everyone I will send results on PM.

Advertisement