Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords UPC broadband, flakey for the last week...

• 05-10-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Anyone in swords, north Dublin, notice their UPC broadband has been flakey.

For about a week now the broadband has been acting strange, almost as if someone is switching it off and on again very quickly.

E.g. Try load a web page and nothing happens, hit reload and it works. Stream a video from you tube, it downloads a few seconds, hangs a few seconds, and repeat until download complete.

It was fine until mid last week.

Don't really want to ring customer service as they will just send an engineer out. I don't want to have to take another day off work (while I still have a job) to wait for a five minute engineer visit.

I was hoping it would settle down, but it's not showing any sign.

Anyone else experiencing this at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

dancin wrote: »
    Anyone in swords, north Dublin, notice their UPC broadband has been flakey.

For about a week now the broadband has been acting strange, almost as if someone is switching it off and on again very quickly.

E.g. Try load a web page and nothing happens, hit reload and it works. Stream a video from you tube, it downloads a few seconds, hangs a few seconds, and repeat until download complete.

It was fine until mid last week.

Don't really want to ring customer service as they will just send an engineer out. I don't want to have to take another day off work (while I still have a job) to wait for a five minute engineer visit.

I was hoping it would settle down, but it's not showing any sign.

Anyone else experiencing this at the moment?

Same up in Portmarnock today, intermittent issue with pages not loading...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

yeh i have had nothing but problems the same as you for 8 weeks. but it seems alot better as of yesterday. it took me tons of calls to upc just for them to even admit there was a fault. in essence i may as well be working for them as they couldn't figure out that there was a big fault in the rivervalley area and swords as a whole.

my issue is here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056040654

ps. PM jason at upc he is on my thread he might be able to check you're line for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Sigh, improved Wednesday last week, but started slowing down again over the weekend. Now back to it's flakey self.

Might try ringing them tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 britie

I've had the same problems in Rivervalley with both phone and broadband giving problems and engineers out twice in the last week. It was back to normal over the weekend but poor again yesterday. Just before I gave UPC customer service a ring today I noticed enginners at one of their boxes in Rivervalley and had a chat with them. It appears someone in Cherry Garth crudely tapped into the cabling causing damage and all the problems we have had to put up with over the last few weeks. Unfortunatley they were only threatened legal action...I think UPC should come down hard on such blatant theft.

Advertisement