Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need experience as a Stable Hand. Please help

Options
  • 05-10-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey everyone my name is Nicole and im 18. I live in the North Dublin area around Coolock and I really really want experience as a stable hand maybe at weekends or one or two days during the week. I need it around the swords and malahide area. I have a good basic knowledge of the workings of a yard and I know how to tack. I just want to learn more about grooming, feeding, mucking out and the general behaviour of horses. I will do all stable duties when instructed properly in return for tuition in stable management. Thanks :)

p.s I have riding experience up to novice/ intermidiate level and I have no fear of riding out quiet horses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

You could try volunteering with RDA, these groups normally meet on a Sunday.

rdai.ie

Good luck

If trying private yards you can get insurance from the BHS this could make you look better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 benji2292

rdai.ie

Good luck

If trying private yards you can get insurance from the BHS this could make you look better.

Hey man thanks. I sent them an E-mail. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Ask around local stables and private yards offering help in return for education. I would ask a riding school more so then a private yard if you are looking for quiet horses. However, if you know the horses in the yard, and know they are quiet, then by all means, it's the best way to go as it is more hands on and you have more duties to perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

rdai.ie

Good luck

WHoops, RDA tend to meet on a Monday, not a Sunday.

Advertisement