Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste water treatment systems

Options
  • 04-10-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I have to buy one of these in the next week and the amount of systems and prices vary so much. I have got my head around aerated systems and the extr costs of using concrete systems. I have been given two comparable quotes from kingspan and bord na mona for their bio safe and platinum systems.
    Questions:. Does any one on here have recommendations over one or another.(bord na mona or kingspan aerated systems)

Lastly as both the bio disc and puraflow systems are alot more expensive. Can anyone recommend either of these as an option.

I appreciate your early comments as i am holding up the build until a decision is made this week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

i got one from a kerry company. machine requires no elec or no annual maintainance. I can PM you the details if you want. Not sure i am allowed to post company names?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

hi,
    please feel free to pm me on this.

The big differences that i can see between the platinum and the biosafe is the platinum is twin walled and the biosage is glass reinforced. the prices are similar and i cant see anything else.
    the installation still requires a concrete base and a fill of concrete on installation to hold and secure it.
    any helpers there???

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

anyone willing to give their knowledge of treatment systems and especially bord na mona and envirocare/kingspan.?

Got to make a decision in the next few days so would appreciate your comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

If you had a site suitability report prepared there should be a recommendation in that as to what plant to use - have you checked that ? Any change from that recommendation may lead to problems in the future with certification etc. Failing that talk to the assessor who carried out the assessment. If both systems are Agrement certified, and are subject to annual maintenance, then either should be fine. It will come down to cost issues in the end - both the initial cost and the annual maintenance inspection cost.
    The annual maintenance is usually stipulated by the Planning Permission conditions, and is therefore an ongoing contract, so the cost of this is important.

Advertisement