Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sitting in my room ...

Options
  • 04-10-2010 9:02pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭

... and I'm waiting for Adrian Kennedy to come on, and then I'm off to bed after an hour or so of listening to 'quality radio'. What's Ireland gonna look like in the year 2050? I mean in terms of its people, cities, economy, etc. Sorry but I'm curious what other folks think; I have my own thoughts ...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

i'm working but not trying to avoid work just because 99% time just taking a break and checking boards..........2050, silver jump suits, boots, hover cars. Laser guns. Virtual reality hookers, national debt 45 trillion deutchmarcs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

well, ireland isnt like that now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

It'll be like the UK was in 2030.

And Fianna Fail will still be in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm sitting in your room too.

See if you can find me. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

KidKeith89 wrote: »
    I have my own thoughts ...

In the future, we'll be policing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

... and I'm waiting for Adrian Kennedy to come on, and then I'm off to bed after an hour or so of listening to 'quality radio'. What's Ireland gonna look like in the year 2050? I mean in terms of its people, cities, economy, etc. Sorry but I'm curious what other folks think; I have my own thoughts ...

You clearly are Adrian Kennedy.
    Go away, your show is terrible and so are you...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

We'll still be paying off the Anglo debt so my guess is trying to get out of our future tag of third world country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You clearly are Adrian Kennedy.
    Go away, your show is terrible and so are you...

Oh Joe Duffy, leave him alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd rather listen to paint dry.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Earthhorse wrote: »

Very good, very good. Had a class earlier in EU Politics and we were talkin' about the EU as a 'superstate' or what it'll become, bla bla bla. Maybe there won't be such thing as national governments or parliaments in 2050. Maybe we'll all be fighting a war against the Chinese, with our super-big EU military, conscription and all that sh!te. I'll be outa here anyway ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It will be like the film "Idiocracy", wherein Adrian Kennedy and Jeremy Kyle will be worshipped as Demi-Gods!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

... and I'm waiting for Adrian Kennedy to come on, and then I'm off to bed after an hour or so of listening to 'quality radio'. What's Ireland gonna look like in the year 2050? I mean in terms of its people, cities, economy, etc. Sorry but I'm curious what other folks think;

I would expect it still to be green... run down with more boring "Contemporary / Futuristic" architecture... and fairly dam wet...

so... you were saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

it will be pretty much like now only we will all be 50 years older phones will probably be smaller memory cheaper and there will be no polar bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It'll be awful. All my favourite crisps and chocolate bars will be gone and some pubs/restaurants will have changed their names.

I don't think I can stand this fast paced world anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Very good, very good. Had a class earlier in EU Politics and we were talkin' about the EU as a 'superstate' or what it'll become, bla bla bla. Maybe there won't be such thing as national governments or parliaments in 2050. Maybe we'll all be fighting a war against the Chinese, with our super-big EU military, conscription and all that sh!te. I'll be outa here anyway ...

Where are you gonna go, Marklar? :p

Bazzo wrote: »
    Where are you gonna go, Marklar? :p

PI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

and I'm waiting for Adrian Kennedy to come on

Computer says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

i'm sitting in my room on the phone to my gf listening to her complain about how small she is.

its quite hilarious........wish she'd hurry up with the phone shecks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Brendog wrote: »
    i'm sitting in my room on the phone to my gf listening to her complain about how small she is.

its quite hilarious........wish she'd hurry up with the phone shecks

How small she is ...........or you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

We'll all be working in sweat shops making cheap leather wallets for the Chinese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

We will all be flying around in cars with spouses called george and jane , have pills we swallow that will be 3 course meals, use shells instead of toilet roll and have transporters :pac: I cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Earthhorse wrote: »

thought crime.....we should have asked George Orwell would Ireland be like in 2050.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Hey OP, if you want to know check this link out http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=stephen+kinsella&x=0&y=0
    It is called Ireland in 2050 and written by Dr. Stephen Kinsella, a lecturer in Economics in Limerick. Its not about robots, and flying cars. It is realistic, like how global warming will changed what agricultural output we produce, flooding, economy etc.
    Have read it and passed it on to friends. All say it is a very interesting/informative read and will make you think.

ulinbac wrote: »
    Hey OP, if you want to know check this link out http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=stephen+kinsella&x=0&y=0
    It is called Ireland in 2050 and written by Dr. Stephen Kinsella, a lecturer in Economics in Limerick. Its not about robots, and flying cars. It is realistic, like how global warming will changed what agricultural output we produce, flooding, economy etc.

Global Warming doesn't exist.
    Read more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

ulinbac wrote: »
    It is called Ireland in 2050 and written by Dr. Stephen Kinsella, a lecturer in Economics in Limerick.
    Have read it and passed it on to friends. All say it is a very interesting/informative read and will make you think.

Sounds interesting Doc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'll be in a nursing home and contacting the The Sun to see do they want to print my diaries including The List. Unfortunately, all of the men on that list will probably be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

I never said the earth is warming up due to carbon etc. The book points to the natural warming cycle of the earth, which is true!

I do read, just try not to make assumptions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

what is it with people and the future, the here and now people!

585 views and not so much as one Thanks.
    Speaks volumes in fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

stovelid wrote: »
    Computer says no.

Frankie says relax

Advertisement