Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 5/10 20:15 Wes1 -vs- Bar Real

Options
  • 04-10-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Are you available?

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Ronan - out
    Glenn - out
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - in
    Dave B - in
    Ronan D - in
    Dave C
    Gary D - in
    Eammon - in
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin
    Collie
    Dave M - out
    Anto - out
    Tony - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

that was quick :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Des wrote: »
    Looking for a starting spot.. teachers pet!
    I'm in also.

I'm all about enthusiasm and showing desire to play! Will prob make my way out from the office tomorrow night, but will hit you up for a lift home afterwards if you don't mind!

Iago wrote: »
    I'm all about enthusiasm and showing desire to play! Will prob make my way out from the office tomorrow night, but will hit you up for a lift home afterwards if you don't mind!

Sound, I'm off work and I've my car back, so if you need a lift from the usual spot just text me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in. So is Ronan D (left full last week) and Dave B (striker last week). Glenn is away next couple of weeks.

Eamonn's in

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I'm In

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Iago wrote: »
    Eamonn's in

if its the same lad that played against us, boards have now got one of the best players in the entire league. he is one of the best players ive ever played against, he cost us 2 league titles on his own playing against us and we probably would have won a league already had we had him like we thought 2 seasons ago. super, super player.

best of luck lads anyway, will be keeping an eye on yere results all season and i hope ye do well. i wont get to watch many games as ive college every tuesday from here until christmas (one night off) but if ye are ever stuck for a keeper for example, let me know and i will try to skip college if possible.

boards have always been league challengers for the past 4 seasons and this year should be no different, we were always only one extra win or one bit of luck away and having a player like eamonn and some more new players that jules has brought in could make the differene.

Tony's in.

• Advertisement

4-0 win, could have been ten.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

4-0 win, could have been ten.
    Yeah very impressive performance and i would say one of the best boards performances in a long time.

Yeah very impressive performance and i would say one of the best boards performances in a long time.

Without doubt.

We look assured at the back, we look dangerous and solid in midfield and have very good options up front.

Eight goals in two games, with seven different scorers.

Tough test next week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Well done lads, real stuff starts next week. Keep it up!

Yeh, they were actually much improved from last season thanks to the addition of some new players, they had more organisation but offerred very little in attack. So, when it's 4-0 and their keeper kept them in it, that says a lot about how well we played.

I think between my 2, Gary's one and one other, we hit the post at least 4 times and their keeper made memorable saves a few times. Ref probably would have given either the laughably blatant Maradonna-style handball in the box or the slide tackle in the box if we weren't 3-0 at the time. We played some really intricate passing movements, sometimes too intricate, but on the whole it was spot on and the great base the defence gave us set up a good platform for wave after wave of attack. Wished that chest-turn-volley from 25yards went in cos it would've been my favourite goal for Boardeaux...but for the moment Clay's 110yard screamer is still top of the goal of the season chart :D

Seems everyone is really enjoying their football and the communication right across the park is much improved. So yeh, there's way tougher tests coming up for us but this squad is already gelling so we should fear noone. I'm away in the states the next 2 weeks and gutted to be missing out, but with Kenny marshalling things from the back you're in good hands and I look forward to seeing 12 points from 12 on the board when I get back!

you'll only miss one game Jules, we're off the week after next

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Wished that chest-turn-volley from 25yards went in cos it would've been my favourite goal for Boardeaux...but for the moment Clay's 110yard screamer is still top of the goal of the season chart :D

:eek::eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

yep, he scored the fourth goal in our 4-2 win last week, big long kick out, mistake between the opposition 'keeper and centre half, ball in the net. :D

when are you coming to your next game?

Might be a while before I get to see you play lads. I've found a social activity to keep me busy Tuesday nights. She's Swedish ;)

pics or gtfo tbh

• Advertisement

It's a work in progress, I'll keep you updated. Obviously if you see me at a game soon you'll know I've been unsuccessful :D

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    It's a work in progress, I'll keep you updated. Obviously if you see me at a game soon you'll know I've been unsuccessful :D

I don't wanna hear sight nor sound of ya so!

you'll only miss one game Jules, we're off the week after next

Schweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

templeogue and roys look to be having a poor start to the season, ye have a great chance next week to keep that going. some very strange results there so far with templeogue really out of sorts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

yep, he scored the fourth goal in our 4-2 win last week, big long kick out, mistake between the opposition 'keeper and centre half, ball in the net. :D

when are you coming to your next game?

They all count :D

I should be able to make it along to the big game next week. Just settling back in at the minute.

Advertisement