Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to seal the metal corners of new plaster before painting?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

sorry, i don't know the technical name of the metal mesh they put on corners when plastering interiors!

i'm just about to embark on painting the newly plastered walls of my new build. they've been drying for the past 7 weeks. i plan to put a first coat of diluted paint on and then finish with 2 proper coats after. i've read to keep away from sealing the walls with a pva coat as this can cause problems with painting sticking to the walls later.

however i read somewhere that if the metal mesh bits at the corners are not sealed properly they can rust through the paint at a later stage. how can i prevent this from happening? do i just simply brush each wall and window corner of the plaster with a layer of pva before painting over it? do i apply it straight on or do i dilute it first?

any advice appreciated! thanks!

Advertisement