Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Conspiracy theories.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Moved from Helpdesk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

How does this process move forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Di0genes wrote: »
    How does this process move forward?

Hi Di0genes,

it moves forward by a CMod looking at the original cause of the ban, and making a few enquiries. Apologies for the delay - I should be able to come back to you on this soon.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi Di0genes,

on its own, a month's ban does seem excessive at first sight, but this is a repeat ban, and most mods escalate them, particularly if they come shortly after you've returned from another ban, as is the case here, and particularly if that previous ban was for similar behaviour, as is the case here.

The actual cause of the ban is straightforward - you're calling another user a Nazi, and insulting other users is not acceptable under most forum charters. I appreciate that you believe that the other user's opinions give you just cause to call them that, but the other user is entitled to express his opinions, however unpleasant they may be, as long as he does so within the bounds of the Charter. He stayed within the bounds of the forum charter, and you didn't.

Under the circumstances, there's nothing I can do but support the ban, and suggest that if you do want to oppose opinions you find objectionable, you find some way of doing so that doesn't result in withdrawal of your posting privileges.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I am marking this post resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement