Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia X10 Unlocking

Options
  • 04-10-2010 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi,

I just bought an Xperia X10 on the internet, but it is locked to a portuguese network.

How do I, or where is the best place to bring it to be unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lian

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Have you tried Googling it?

Thanks for that. I was looking for recommendations for the cheapest and most reliable websites/ shops to bring the phone to be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 denmcn

Good luck Lian and thanks for asking the question cos I have one sitting on my desk looking at me!!

Mine is locked to UK Orange and I've had it with two different unlockers who havent been able to get it unlocked, apparently Orange are very fussy about giving out their codes.

I did no end of googling and ended up paying a paltry fiver to get an unlock code. What I ended up with was software that was supposed to do the job....but it didnt, they say they'll recredit me the fiver!!!!

I keep saying that I'm going to ring Orange and give them a sob story but I cant think of one good enough.....any suggestions? (I dont think "hey I bought this on ebay thinking it would be no problem getting it unlocked, but guess what....it is" will have much effect on them :D

So I too await replies with baited breath....
    D

Hey,

Have you tried bringing it to one of those unauthorised mobile phone shops to be unlocked?

I bought a Sony Ericsson on the net a couple of years ago, which was locked to Orange. They unlocked it for €25... I'm not sure if it's so simple for an android though.... hence my original question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 denmcn

yeah I did, one fella had it for the guts of a week and was mortified that he couldnt manage it. He offered to send it to his brother who has an unlocking shop in Manchester and get him to do it from there. I baulked at the cost of €40, but that was a month ago and I'm still looking at it in the box...think I might just go back to him with it :(

I've just looked at the Orange website and they say that "if" I fulfil the criteria for unlocking it will still cost £20 admin fee and will take upto 2 weeks to get the code. :(:(

I'm not liking what you're telling me... I have yet to receive my phone, and thought it would be simple enough to get unlocked.. What shop did you bring it to to be unlocked, just so I can avoid that place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Dont know where you are based Lian but I got a quote of 40 euro from the phone shop at moore street entrance to Ilac centre in dublin for x10 mini pro. Maybe drop into them see if they can do that model.

Hi,

Just an update to let you know that I got my Xperia x10 unlocked on the Internet for €28. It took two days from payment to get the unlock code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gracyj

Lian wrote: »
    Hi,

I just bought an Xperia X10 on the internet, but it is locked to a portuguese network.

How do I, or where is the best place to bring it to be unlocked?

Thanks in advance!

The best place for unlocking as far as i experienced is www.mobile-unlocker.com . I unlocked my mobile within an hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement