Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheer me up.

Options
  • 04-10-2010 4:51am

I've just woken up after wrecking my body and my moped by crashing into a forest at about 40mph with no helmet.. I was lying 3 metres from the thing afterwards.

To add to it, I'm surrounded by a thai family cooking their breakfast and they keep laughing at the moped.... Not helping the situation at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Did you hurt you Thigh-land-ing :p

More importantly, have you been to any sex tourist areas yet?

See any ladyboys?
    To add to it, I'm surrounded by a thai family cooking their breakfast ..

What do Thai folks eat for breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

You are not dead so your a lucky fool! Lucky your not dead, and a fool for not having a helmet.

So be very happy your not dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

So its universal... everybody laughs at mopeds

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Did you hurt you Thigh-land-ing :p

More importantly, have you been to any sex tourist areas yet?

See any ladyboys?

What do Thai folks eat for breakfast?

Been to one ping pong show and we all went to a ladyboy strip club aswell.. One of the girls we were out with got up on stage with them so it was pretty funny.

Thai people eat very good food for breakfast... Everythin in the middle of this photo with noodles which I'm gonna order now in a bit.
    http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5425/p1000916e.jpg
    Doc wrote: »
    You are not dead so your a lucky fool! Lucky your not dead, and a fool for not having a helmet.

So be very happy your not dead!

Straight afterwards, I was thanking my lucky stars that I survived.. Still can't believe I'm sitting here being able to type this. I hopped over a ridge between two trees, flew straight over the handlebars when the bike landed and planted my face in soft dirt. Rolled for a few metres then surrounded my trees.. It's a bit of a miracle really. One of the lads flew straight in behind me and he's got a concussion from hitting something and thank god he was going slower than me or I could have been landed on... My biggest problem is just no power in my right arm, a swollen face and a few sore joints and a wallet that's gonna be raped tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

O well at lest you well have a story to tell a few years from now when some one asks about you wounder years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Your in the land of Sun and ladyboys, stop mopeding about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

You're in Thailand.

I'm stuck in Ireland.

Who really needs cheering up here?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Tell the Thai family laughing at you... Sawadee Khrap, pom chob kathouy, pom chob kathouy mak mak.

Their reaction should give you a giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Thai people eat very good food for breakfast... Everythin in the middle of this photo with noodles which I'm gonna order now in a bit.

They eat green tables and stools for breakfast? Odd diet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

You crashed into a forest??

You couldn't see the wood for the trees, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

Cheer me up.

Make me sad! :pac:

Fuk me.. What a mad day. We head back to where the crash happened and I realise just how lucky I was.. There was no forest at all, just two concrete poles on the way in, a few poles that I nearly hit on the left and a wall with metal stuff beyond where I stopped. If my moped hadn't got grounded and threw me over the handlebars, I'd have went straight into the wall at 30/40mph and killed / seriously injured myself since I wasn't wearing a helmet.
    Apparently I passed out for a bit before coming to and just lay there in a complete daze for ages afraid to move.. We found my flip flops buried in the ground on ahead so we know where I came to a stop.

So I dodged the concrete on the way in, missed the poles to the left of where the front wheel got jammed and if that hadn't happened, I'd have went straight into the wall behind and I wouldn't be typing this.. Lucky. And a thai woman helped us fix the bikes up today for dirt cheap by taking us to her friend.. Also lucky.
    So said woman also owns a tattoo shop that only does bamboo tattoos and after making up a custom design, I end up with a bamboo tattoo of the thai/buddhist symbol for luck along with the name of the village, Pai under it in thai.. I like it but bit of an impulse. At least it's a good story and it means something.

The finished product from what has to be the maddest 24 hours of my life.
    http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3546/p1000946t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Lucky you didn't bang cock or you would be always without helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Will you bring me back an STD?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Just got back from work, it was sh*tty. Jealous I don't think sums it up.

Burn Doyler.. But at least your body isn't aching right now like it got hit by a cannon..

Thinkin I like the tattoo.. Old school bamboo and a good story and meaning to it. Seriously the luckiest fuker ever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dunno why, but I always thought you were a lady-person, Ads By Google! :P

That is one kick-ass tattoo by the way; you really are pretty lucky you weren't injured more than you were. Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

Hmm, it appears that Paedobears are a delicacy in Thailand so.

Oh, and get well soon bro. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Almost identical story to mine

Did the same on Koh Phangan last year, six of us coming up to a corner and one of those pick up trucks comes flying around, totally cutting us off.

With an option of ploughing into the truck or throwing the bike off the road I chose option B... similar to yours there were two concrete posts which took my bike off my hands for me. I sailed through the air and smashed into the ground, ripping my arms, legs etc. Two of the other lads came off the bikes with minor injuries.

I was more worried about the fact that the moped rental place had our passports! Wounds heal etc... Got it cleaned up a bit by a thai friend of the guy were renting from, only cost 5000 Baht in the end, and it was fairly fooked. When they have your passport they can name their price tbh!

Have a few scars from it, the main one running from my wrist to my elbow to remind me not to rent bikes in Asia again

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2461/thaibike.png

Easier said than done when your over there though! Enjoy the rest of your trip dude, and take it easy...

Yeah Kho Phangan is a bit dodge on mopeds.. Met alot of people who had fallen of there, one guy got stung for 14,000 baht.

I paid 50baht for the plastic to screwed back together, for the foot brake to be bent back to where it should be and got the mirrors reattached.. A new basket was 300baht cause I was stuck for time and the cheap guy didn't have a spare. Overall, insanely lucky,.. When I came to, my mouth was packed full of dirt so obviously my teeth could have taken a bad hit but thankfully they didn't.

I've already rented one for tomorrow, no point bein in asia without bikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

at least you have an awesome username! nice tattoo - mind yourself!

Advertisement